Windows 10: LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10

Discus and support LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to install LearningTools.Setup.exe and already having OneNote 2010 in my Window10 64bit laptop. It is keep on asking me to "go to get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SKumarusa, Oct 17, 2018.

1. SKumarusa Win User

LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10

I am trying to install LearningTools.Setup.exe and already having OneNote 2010 in my Window10 64bit laptop. It is keep on asking me to "go to get a free 1 month trial of Office 365".

Please suggest how to install LearningTools.Setup.exe?

Thanks

:)

SKumarusa, Oct 17, 2018
  2. Kari Win User

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Having moved to Office 2016, I had to first install Office 2010 to a virtual test machine to get screenshots. Here we go, this is the the process which you have to repeat for each notebook you want to open in Windows 10 built-in OneNote app.

1.) If your notebooks are already stored in OneDrive, jump to step 7. If they are stored locally, open OneNote 2010.

I created a simple Sample Notebook to show this process:

LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10 [​IMG]
    (Click screenshots to enlarge)
    2.) Open the File menu, select Info > Share on Web or Network:

LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10 [​IMG]

3.) Select Web, click Sign In:

4.) Enter your MS account credentials:

Note If you have enabled two-step authentication on your MS account, you need first create an app password and use it here instead of the MS account password.

5.) Select in which OneDrive folder you want to save the notebook, click Share Notebook:

6.) Close OneNote 2010

7.) Open Windows 10 OneNote app. If you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft (MS) account, jump to step 11. If you sign in with a local account click Personal Microsoft Account:

8.) Sign in to your MS account:
    '

9.) Enter your Windows password, click Sign in to just this app instead:

Note This is important! Do not click Next here, it will convert your local Windows user account to an MS account!

10.) Click Start using OneNote:

11.) You can now start using Windows 10 OneNote app, having access to your notebooks:

Remember that you can also use, access and edit your notebooks stored in OneDrive online at outlook.com:

3. Kari Win User
    Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Something I thought is worth to test:

Go to OneNote Online (Microsoft OneNote | The digital note-taking app for your devices), sign in if you are not automatically signed in:

Select Sign in with a Microsoft account, in the next dialog enter your MS account credentials:

You should now see a list of your notebooks:

If no notebooks are found you will see this:

Please tell us when testing this did you see your notebooks in OneNote Online?

4. fifer Win User

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration.
    I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has proved to be impossible. I can view and work with the notebooks in the Windows 10 app, but I can find no way to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010.
    The notebooks are in OneDrive online and I can see them there, but there is no option to open them in OneNote 2010.
    The links to the notebooks show up as internet shortcuts when I view my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, but if I try to open any of these in OneNote 2010, nothing happens.
    If I go to OneNote online, there is no option to use OneNote 2010 to open any of my notebooks.
    So am I just being dense? Am I missing something obvious? (It wouldn't be the first time!!)
    Or is there some secret way of doing something that should be simple?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fifer, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

1. LearningTools.Setup.exe is not executing on existing OneNote 2010 in Window10 - Similar Threads - LearningTools Setup exe

2. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  3. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OneNote 2010 stopped scan link: In OneNote 2010 to scan a document I do this: Enter - Scanner Printout - Custom Insert. This week it has stopped working. The computer simply locks and I have to use Task Manager to unlock. Can anyone help this 76-year old pensioner with the precise process in OneNote 2019 to...
  4. OneNote 2010 stopped scan link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.

in Windows 10 Support
    Some (not all) setup EXE files do not execute.: Many recent EXE application set up files will not run. This presumably started a few days ago, but I then thought it was confined to just one setup EXE (Ultimaker_Cura-4.10.0-amd64.exe). This morning I discovered it's many (but NOT all) of them. The inactive ones seem to be...
  6. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  7. Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?

Is OneNote 2016 similar to the OneNote that was part of Office 2010?: I just upgraded from Windows 7 / Office 2010 to Windows 10 and the version of OneNote I used previously was faster, had many more features, and felt like a desktop app. This new version feels slow and looks like it was a horrible port from a mobile phone or something. Does...
  8. Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote

Import OneNote 2010 into Windows 10 OneNote: I see the new Windows 10 OneNote, and it looks pretty different to me from OneNote 2010, but I wanted to at least try it. But I can't find anyway to import my notebooks from 2010. Is there anyway to do this? I keep getting messages about "updating", but I don't know if that's...
  9. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...
  10. No exe can be executed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No exe can be executed: Hello. I tried to execute an exe file created by the compilation of code in MS Visual studio 2015 but it doesn't work. Every time i try to execute it stucks. Specifically in command prompt, Ctrl+C doesn't work. Then I tried to compile the code in other apps. But the...