Windows 10: Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine &

Discus and support Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine & in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We ended up w/a Dell Optiplex 3040 Win7 w/no keyboard or mouse. What is the least $ way to add a keyboard/mouse so I can determine whether or not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by markg2, Aug 22, 2020.

1. markg2 Win User

Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine &

We ended up w/a Dell Optiplex 3040 Win7 w/no keyboard or mouse.

What is the least $ way to add a keyboard/mouse so I can determine whether or not the machine would be useful to us?

The machine may be of use if...
    1. It runs, loads current OS
    2. Is reasonably quick
    3. The chipset is not unreasonably outdated
    4. I can install Win10 (necessary for intended possible use)

FWIW, I have an orphaned, Logitech MK/700-710 wireless keyboard but missing the USB transmitter.

Mark

:)

markg2, Aug 22, 2020
  2. markg2 Win User

We ended up w/a Dell Optiplex 3040 Win7 w/no keyboard or mouse.

What is the least $ way to add a keyboard/mouse so I can determine whether or not the machine would be useful to us?

The machine may be of use if...
    1. It runs, loads current OS
    2. Is reasonably quick
    3. The chipset is not unreasonably outdated
    4. I can install Win10 (necessary for intended possible use)

FWIW, I have an orphaned, Logitech MK/700-710 wireless keyboard but missing the USB transmitter.

Mark

markg2, Aug 22, 2020
  3. markg2 Win User

markg2, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Step 3 is best done with the Wired USB devices, most reliable and cheapest to obtain.

As for the orphaned keyboard, I'd toss it out. The Wireless USB devices that depend upon a dongle have to have that specific one that came with the devices, coded probably by frequency to each other and can't be easily replaced if at all. I was given a Vizio 24" All-in-One that had the USB dongle but no mouse, I've gotten mice with no dongle that I tossed [probably why they were given to me]. I've seen mention of Unifying USB devices but haven't gotten my hands on such to try yet.

Now if you need a keyboard for an AT-style computer or PS/2?

Berton, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine & - Similar Threads - Least keybd mouse

2. is there a way to run cleanmgr.exe on remote machine using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to run cleanmgr.exe on remote machine using powershell: Running CleanMgr.exe in a powershell script or by itself seems to work fine as long as you run it locally with an account that has local admin rights. But while trying to run it remotely via any remote management tool or remote scripting command Invoke-Command and it does not...
  3. is there a way to run cleanmgr.exe on remote machine using powershell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to run cleanmgr.exe on remote machine using powershell: Running CleanMgr.exe in a powershell script or by itself seems to work fine as long as you run it locally with an account that has local admin rights. But while trying to run it remotely via any remote management tool or remote scripting command Invoke-Command and it does not...
  4. is there a way to run cleanmgr.exe on remote machine using powershell

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Copy machine to machine.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Copy machine to machine.: Used to be ! I run a few W-10 here and I like to keep some of them "twins", specially my Documents. It used to be that I could save all of this folder onto a small RAM and then copy it back to another Documents on any other machine. No mas ! When it was possible, it would...
  6. Machine freeze lost mouse?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine freeze lost mouse?: Lately every 15 minutes or so I lose the mouse. I push the power button to put the computer to sleep and then wake the computer with a key press and the mouse works fine for 15 minutes then I go through the sequence again, and again. It probable takes a minute to go to...
  7. Windows 10, can install on at least two machines?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, can install on at least two machines?: Hi, I plan on buying windows 10 64bit for my PC, but I would like to know if there was a version somewhere that allowed me to install and activate on at least two machines. An answer to a question in this Amazon link for windows 10 also said that if one where to change a...
  8. Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine &

in Windows 10 Support
    Least $ way + keybd/mouse orphaned machine determine +/- use machine &: We ended up w/a Dell Optiplex 3040 Win7 w/no keyboard or mouse. What is the least $ way to add a keyboard/mouse so I can determine whether or not the machine would be useful to us? The machine may be of use if... 1. It runs, loads current OS 2. Is reasonably quick 3. The...
  9. Best way to shutdown machines automatically?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best way to shutdown machines automatically?: Hello, in a school enviroment, many computers are being left on over night. The machines have a group policy for 'User prefrence to put computers to sleep after X' time however this does not work when nobody is logged on and it sits on the login screen, tried to do this for...
  10. Use rsync on Windows machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use rsync on Windows machine: Hi, I want to use rsync to copy file from a remote Linux server. And I have only one url (example): rsync://export@10.123.101.225/folder/dmp_db.sql.gz I've tried DeltaCopy but I can't create a new profile, it fails. Is there any other convenient way to use rsync on Win10...