Windows 10: Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged?

Discus and support Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10, you have the normal folder icons that change when the folder is full, so you can more or less see the files in it. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gibbondon, Jul 28, 2020.

1. gibbondon Win User

Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged?

In Windows 10, you have the normal folder icons that change when the folder is full, so you can more or less see the files in it. Is there a way to prevent this icon change when the folder fills up?

:)

gibbondon, Jul 28, 2020

2. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged? :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jul 29, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jul 29, 2020
  4. psbecker Win User

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Leave the icon of folders with contents unchanged? - Similar Threads - Leave icon folders

2. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  3. Contents in the "Downloads" Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Contents in the "Downloads" Folder: Greetings,Here is a question that still appears to go unanswered. When I download a program/ file and I delete it after using it for its purpose. Three months down the road, I decide that I would like to download that file/ program once again. Windows 10 & 11 tells me in my...
  4. ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ICACLS permissions to make a folder and it's contents unchangeable?: We have a document management system on a Windows Server 2019 system NTFS filesystem that holds many PDF documents. The DM is organized by subject customer name, vendor name, etc. with sub-folders for each individual year as in the following...
  5. identify folders with no contents

identify folders with no contents: Hi,I am wondering if there is a way to hide folders or have some notification that there is no contents within them in windows explorer.We have a default structure of folders that we copy and rename for new projects and within, there are multiple folders below folders.Once...
  6. Contents of mail folder.

Contents of mail folder.: The word verschickt just pooped in my mail folder, what is and how did it get their? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/contents-of-mail-folder/95e7624a-5e0f-4521-8413-575347c05333"
  7. Folders have no content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders have no content: None of the folders in Windows Mail that I keep moving mail into have content. Does that mean those messages are just "gone"? [Original subject: Windows Mail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-have-no-content/f8e1d7a3-4d85-47bd-959d-e552f86675da
  8. Contents of Folder

Contents of Folder: I am needing to be able to get a list of all of the files in a specific folder. Ultimately, I would like to transfer the list to an excel spreadsheet, but the only way I know of that "MAY" work is to print the file names to an Adobe file and then convert them over to an...
  9. Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Theme Slideshow folder unchangeable: I created a new theme and added a slideshow background. It worked fine. I then wanted to create a new theme with a different folder. No matter how I attempt to create that new theme, ie. many different starting points, the folder from the original theme seems to be locked in....
  10. Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.

in Windows 10 Support
    Wrong icon on a folder and its contents. How to change.: FreeFileSync is a respected and efficient freeware/donationware for carrying out backups of changed files (eg., documents, pictures etc.). My FreeFileSync profiles (which specify how changed files will be copied to the backup) now have Photoshop icons, both the enclosing...