Windows 10: leaving a family account as a chil

Discus and support leaving a family account as a chil in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; is there any possible way I could leave the family as a child because I have no way to get onto the adult account to get myself to leave... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HeidiGilmour, Jan 14, 2019.

1. leaving a family account as a chil

is there any possible way I could leave the family as a child because I have no way to get onto the adult account to get myself to leave

:)

HeidiGilmour, Jan 14, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. I can't leave my family!!!!

Before you will be able to remove an adult account, you have to remove all the child accounts under Family. That’s why it is important to confirm if you’re trying to remove an adult account or a child account. One of the methods to check the account description
    is by going to Settings. Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Click Family & other accounts.
    • Under the account user name is the description of the account. You will see if it is a
      Child account or an Adult account.

To remove an account from the Family in Windows 10, you can review the instructions included in this
    link. Follow the steps under
    For Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1: Remove people from your Microsoft account family.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

leaving a family account as a chil

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

leaving a family account as a chil

1. leaving a family account as a chil - Similar Threads - leaving family account

2. leave a family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    leave a family group: i need assistance with removal of my account from the Microsoft Family group, as the organizer account is cannot be accessed as of this moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-a-family-group/437da08b-c0ac-4657-82ff-31f7585bc975
  3. leave a family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    leave a family group: i need assistance with removal of my account from the Microsoft Family group, as the organizer account is cannot be accessed as of this moment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-a-family-group/437da08b-c0ac-4657-82ff-31f7585bc975
  4. I can't leave my family account.

I can't leave my family account.: I want to play Minecraft Multiplayer but I can't because I'm in a family group. And when I try to leave the family group, multiple videos tell me to click the 3 dots on my profile but there are no 3 dots so I can't leave the family group....
  5. I can't leave my family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't leave my family account.: I want to play Minecraft Multiplayer but I can't because I'm in a family group. And when I try to leave the family group, multiple videos tell me to click the 3 dots on my profile but there are no 3 dots so I can't leave the family group....
  6. I can't leave my family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  8. Leaving Family Group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Leaving Family Group: hello, i have been trying to play a game but it says im in a family group. i went to check the family group app and it shows that im an organizer and that im the only one in the family, and so i tried to leave but there was no option for me to leave even though ive looked at...
  9. Leaving a family as a child

Leaving a family as a child: My parents are divorced and my ex-dad has slight control over my account there are certain things i can and cannot do. I am also listed as a child under my family including only me and my ex-dad. I would like to leave the family but can't because i dont have access to his...
  10. Leave family as a child

Leave family as a child: My parents made me a new account without my permission and now they have changed my age so that I'm not old enough to make any changes. Do you know what I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-family-as-a-child/afdbfd1a-27e1-45cf-a99a-a30ff36c8c42