Windows 10: leaving a family account as a chil

Discus and support leaving a family account as a chil in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; is there any possible way I could leave the family as a child because I have no way to get onto the adult account to get myself to leave... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by HeidiGilmour, Jan 14, 2019.

1. leaving a family account as a chil

is there any possible way I could leave the family as a child because I have no way to get onto the adult account to get myself to leave

:)

HeidiGilmour, Jan 14, 2019

2. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. I can't leave my family!!!!

Before you will be able to remove an adult account, you have to remove all the child accounts under Family. That’s why it is important to confirm if you’re trying to remove an adult account or a child account. One of the methods to check the account description
    is by going to Settings. Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Click Family & other accounts.
    • Under the account user name is the description of the account. You will see if it is a
      Child account or an Adult account.

To remove an account from the Family in Windows 10, you can review the instructions included in this
    link. Follow the steps under
    For Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 8.1, or Windows RT 8.1: Remove people from your Microsoft account family.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

leaving a family account as a chil

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

leaving a family account as a chil

1. leaving a family account as a chil - Similar Threads - leaving family account

2. Our Family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Our Family account: I have made a Child account on Microsoft Our Family so that I maintain the Parent account. My son will only accept it if he can import his XBox gamer tag and profile to his child account. Can he import these (from the Parent Account which is mine) to his Child account?...
  3. LEAVE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I entered the administrator account in error and want to leave it and return to my personal account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-administrator-account/2dbe5c51-5151-439b-a9a1-913febaff3af
  4. Family account

Family account: I have created a child account for my teenager. If she accesses her Microsoft account she can see that her web history will be visible to me. Can her access to her Microsoft account be restricted to prevent this as otherwise she will simply use a non-connected device....
  5. Family Accounts

Family Accounts: I have created multiple Family Accounts (for kids). I see that I can block multiple websites, however, and also restrict them to install apps by age restriction. However, I want to restrict them to install ANY apps by themselves. Also I want to block ability to run any exe...
  6. Family Account

Family Account: I have set up family members under my Microsoft account. My son has his own laptop, how do I associate his laptop with my family account so I can use the parental controls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/family-account/69fa3223-ce51-4a1f-904f-8d4cea8d5a9c"
  7. Dissabling family accounts?

Dissabling family accounts?: Is there no way to remove a adult account as a child account, because in my windows family there are 2 users, a adult account i don´t know and me set as a child account. and now i cant play online and use other features. What to do?...
  8. Family account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family account.: I have setup my 2 kids account on family account and monitoring their activities. But lately I am not able to see the activities online. They mainly use Chrome and the activities mentions the time against Chrome and nothing else. Before I was able to see which web pages...
  9. Adding Family Account

Adding Family Account: Hi all I recently completed the upgrade from Windows 7 to 10 but found I could not log onto a family account I had made for my grandson. I eventually decided to delete the account and create a new one. I successfully deleted the account but now when I try to create a new...
  10. Windows 10 Family Features enabled after leaving my MS Account's fam

Windows 10 Family Features enabled after leaving my MS Account's fam: Hi all, out of the blue recently family features were enabled on my desktop. I've been a part of a family for a while but never had them on. Hmm. This features block me from using certain apps eg. Chrome, so I left the MS family as Microsoft recommended - however family...