Windows 10: Leaving Computer Screen On Forever

Discus and support Leaving Computer Screen On Forever in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So on my Windows laptop, in settings, I changed the "Screen: When Plugged in Turn Off After..." to Never. I am running a monitor as well as my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dummlings, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Leaving Computer Screen On Forever

So on my Windows laptop, in settings, I changed the "Screen: When Plugged in Turn Off After..." to Never. I am running a monitor as well as my laptop screen, and was wondering if this had any major impacts on my computer? I usually don't leave any apps open, other than Chrome/Discord a few times. Thanks!

submitted by /u/Dummlings
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dummlings, Jan 30, 2021

2. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 30, 2021
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Leaving Computer Screen On Forever

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Leaving Computer Screen On Forever

1. Leaving Computer Screen On Forever - Similar Threads - Leaving Computer Screen

2. Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen: The subject computer has an ABIT TH711 motherboard and is running Microsoft 7, 32 bit.On boot-up, the screen shows loading files, then shows Microsoft loading and then BLACK SCREEN. I was able to launch Safe mode but all trouble shooting software within safe mode came up...
  3. Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer appears to bootup but leaves a black screen: The subject computer has an ABIT TH711 motherboard and is running Microsoft 7, 32 bit.On boot-up, the screen shows loading files, then shows Microsoft loading and then BLACK SCREEN. I was able to launch Safe mode but all trouble shooting software within safe mode came up...
  4. My computer won't leave the Time And Date screen.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer won't leave the Time And Date screen.: Hello, My brother has done something to my pc and it is stuck on the time and date screen when you first turn it on. Every time i press a button, it instantly just refreshes the page and goes back to the time and date screen. I was going to try and reset it but i can't even...
  5. Goodbye Windows 10, I'm leaving forever!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Goodbye Windows 10, I'm leaving forever!: This is my final time using Windows 10, After years, We decided to come in our closing. We will see you never.Goodbye.JUST KIDDING!I will live and use Windows 10 forever....
  6. Computer screen turns black forever after preparing for automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer screen turns black forever after preparing for automatic repair: Hello. So whenever i open my computer i run into a problem. İt shows a black screen for a good minute then shows the hp logo and it says preparing for an automatic repair. After its dont preparing for automatic repair it takes me another black screen and it just gets stuck...
  7. Computer says preparing automatic repair then switched to a black screen forever

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer says preparing automatic repair then switched to a black screen forever: Hello. So a couple days ago i had opened my computer as normal but this time it took me to a Hp loading screem that said preparing for automatic repair. So i decided to wait it out a bit. After some time the loading icon was gone amd my screen had turned black. Ever simc then...
  8. Forever loading on profile screen.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Forever loading on profile screen.: I keep having to force restart my computer a dozen or more times to get past the login screen. If I hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and hit cancel it just takes me to the desktop with nothing loaded and a forever loading circle. While trying to get some games to run I had also downloaded...
  9. Stays on this blue screen forever

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stays on this blue screen forever: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jonny2683 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dm3gu2/stays_on_this_blue_screen_forever/
  10. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...