Windows 10: LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

Discus and support LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After a recent move I had to change ISPs and get a new email address. My new ISP is Spectrum. After using a number of third-party email clients, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndréStrydom, Dec 16, 2018.

1. LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

After a recent move I had to change ISPs and get a new email address. My new ISP is Spectrum.

After using a number of third-party email clients, I couldn't understand why the emails in my inbox would simply delete themselves, regardless of the email client I was using. I finally figured it out! If I deleted emails on my android cell phone, they were then also deleted on my computer and on the Spectrum/Charter server.

I am now using the Windows Mail App for my email, and it is working just fine.

But how do I fix this business of my emails being deleted from my computer and the Spectrum server if I delete them on my android cell phone? I have checked Spectrum's online mail, my cell phone, and my computer for a "Leave a copy on the server" option, but it just doesn't exist.

So, what do I do now? Can anyone help? Thanks!

:)

AndréStrydom, Dec 16, 2018

2. Leave email on server

Yes, I have WM5. I have a pop account with Comcast. If I delete an email on the phone, it deletes it of the comcast server. There needs to be a setting on the phone that says "Leave messages on server".

ken

kmason5727, Dec 16, 2018
  3. garym123 Win User
    How to Leave Mail on Server?

Let your voice be heard at feature suggestions.

This problem is not addressed very well in feature suggestions for the phone. Email suggestions:

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/category/18951-email?page=1

In the email suggestion list the first time this is mentioned is on the second page with only 154 votes.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/f...-delete-emails-from-the-mail-server-when-they

I just put two more votes in. Votes have been increased to 20 per user

garym123, Dec 16, 2018
  4. goosob Win User

LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

Leaving email on the server

In Win Mobile 6+, I could tell the phone to pul;l email but leave it on the server. Phone 7 does not seem to permit this setting, but rather deletes email from the server when deleted from the phone. A lot of mail I need to deal with from my desktop, but
    if I delete an email from the phone before I download to the desktop, , it's gone. Sometimes I forget and I have lost some valuable emails.

Is this something MSoft mightaddress in a future update?

goosob, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER

1. LEAVING EMAIL OF THE SERVER - Similar Threads - LEAVING EMAIL SERVER

2. exim email server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    exim email server: I would like to use the exim program in debian to be my email server on VPS. I do not wish to get domain name until I understand things better. To start simple, I installed package exim4. Now, what settings should I change? Please help. It seems the configuration files are in...
  3. Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?

Is there a setting in the Windows 11 email that will delete emails from the email server?: Hello,I have roadrunner and presently Windows 11 is not deleting the emails from the RR server when I read them and delete them from Windows mail. The old OUTLOOK I was usuing did. Is there a way I can have the windows eamil delete the emails from the RR server?Thanks!...
  4. Is it email providers or the facebook servers?

in Browsers and Email
    Is it email providers or the facebook servers?: I was wondering if anyone ever came across this before. I have tried to see if anyone on facebook, or their community forum, or other social media forums have an answer to this and I've come up with nothing. I've also reported the issue to facebook twice. I've also reached...
  5. email server password recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email server password recovery: change password on email server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-server-password-recovery/7fc7daa3-62ea-44cf-9e60-ecdd1675cbc3
  6. email servers

in Windows 10 Customization
    email servers: How do I move or copy Folders on Incredimail server to Thunderbird server https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-servers/19dc0911-e253-4742-8645-eefbd08c0f11
  7. does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?

does Mail leave deleted messages on the server?: Have a new Surface pro 7 and have set up old IMAP email accts from local isp, not outlook in Mail. Don't see a setting about leaving deleted emails on the server or not. Thunderbird on my desktop lets me move deleted messages to trash folder. Email app on my Android phone...
  8. Email Server requesting password

Email Server requesting password: 4 days a go my email stopped working. I was prompted for password however it still did not restart email. So I ended up doing a recovery and email started to work again. Here we are today and back it not working. Please advise. Note I do not receive emails so any updates on...
  9. email server settings

email server settings: How do I check my email server settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-server-settings/2fcc8099-ac87-4f8f-bbfd-f7029736cd76
  10. Email server information.

Email server information.: How do I find my email server information on my laptop. I cannot send emails. Outgoing email doesn't work, but incoming does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/email-server-information/87711515-b813-4bde-9bbd-10dc73ba5538