Windows 10: Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself

Discus and support Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop wants to restart to download an update, which is normal. And I'm planning to do something on Thursday that'll mean I'll be far from my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NobylWarrior, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself

My laptop wants to restart to download an update, which is normal. And I'm planning to do something on Thursday that'll mean I'll be far from my laptop (My laptop is a Lenovo IdeaPad S340, if needed). That's the time I want to leave it to update. I want to know if it's OK to leave my laptop to update by itself (Open Lid)?

I'm scared that if it's open lid for too long, it'll just shutdown automatically, screwing up my laptop by stopping the update mid-way through. I'm not sure if the update itself will keep the laptop running or the laptop will just ignore the update and shutdown. I tried looking it up on google and I only see if anything happens if the lid is closed or any other circumstance that is slightly different to mine, but I'm not sure if those minor circumstances will make a huge difference.

I want to be extra safe while using /or updating my laptop because I was ignorant with my previous one. Please help, it'll be a relief to hear a response.

Just ask for more details if it's difficult to understand my situation.

submitted by /u/NobylWarrior
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NobylWarrior, Jul 21, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 21, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself

Cleaning off a Mac Laptop

cleaning it?

Step 1: buy about a half gallon of gasoline.

Step 2: douse laptop in gasoline.

Step 3: toss a burning match onto laptop.

Step 4: watch the fire clense your laptop.

Thema:

Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself

1. Leaving Laptop to Update by Itself - Similar Threads - Leaving Laptop Update

2. Laptop powering on and off by itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop powering on and off by itself?: Recently, my laptop has developed a rather irritating issue where it will not power on, power off, or sleep properly. The list of symptoms are as follows:If the laptop is powered off while plugged in, it will not boot properly while still plugged in. It will run the BIOS and...
  3. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  4. Laptop turning itself on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turning itself on: HelloI have upgraded my laptop from Win10 to Win11. After a few weeks, I noticed that the laptop will turn itself on whenever I closed the lid and would not go to sleep as per the power setting. I tried resetting the power configuration to default and it is still doing the...
  5. My Laptop Reset Itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop Reset Itself: When I booted up my laptop today, it waited a little bit at the log on screen saying 'Preparing Windows"When It logged on, My desktop, Personal User folder Files, Pre-installed Apps, 3rd party app settings, Explorer Folder Options settings, Themes were gone. And disabled...
  6. Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will Update 2004 Update By Itself?: Will the new update 2004 update by itself or will we have to install it manually? 161595
  7. laptop computer reboots by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop computer reboots by itself: I can successfully shut down the computer in the morning but when I shut down in the afternoon it reboots by itself. I can shut it down 2 or 3 times and it reboots each time. The only way I can shut it down successfully is by pressing the power button...
  8. In File Explorer Highlight and Leave Active ONLY The File Name Itself

in Windows 10 Support
    In File Explorer Highlight and Leave Active ONLY The File Name Itself: In File Explorer in Windows 10 I want to have inactive white space to the right of file/folder names. And I want it globally. What I mean is this: I do not want to have the area to the right of a file or folder name to be active like it presently is. Presently the area to...
  9. Edge enterprise mode leaving itself open

in Browsers and Email
    Edge enterprise mode leaving itself open: Hello! I've had our Enterprise mode working for a while now, but we just started testing with 1803 and Edge is leaving itself open after launching a site in a new IE11 window. Earlier 1709 builds didn't do this. Is there a way to get it to close itself again? The users will...
  10. Should I update or leave it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Should I update or leave it: Computer - Acer TravelMate 4335 (LAPTOP) Processor - Intel Core 2 Duo OS - Windows 10 RS2 I recently download Intel Driver Update Utility to see if any outdated driver can be updated. There it showed an update for Intel Chipset Device Software - Installed Version -...