Windows 10: Leaving Windows for good

Discus and support Leaving Windows for good in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For several years now I've been using Windows 10 on my desktop alongside Ubuntu Linux. I used Windows because of the vast software library and Linux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DrRayThe2nd, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Leaving Windows for good

For several years now I've been using Windows 10 on my desktop alongside Ubuntu Linux. I used Windows because of the vast software library and Linux because sometimes I enjoy casual programming. Several times I have had to reinstall Windows 10 due to various problems, often losing important data along the way. Once because the start menu and the settings app simply ceased to work among other system apps after an update. Another time because I installed the wrong overclocking software from AMD's website! and it broke my operating system. Another time for an unknown reason. During this same amount of time, several years I have had to reinstall Ubuntu zero times. Today, Windows updated again and the start menu, settings app, and other system apps quit working again. I spent over an hour finding many with the same issue online but no solutions that worked. After this, I've decided to leave Windows and use only Ubuntu. The only software I will have to leave behind is Forza Motorsport as it is an UWP app and so not compatible with Steam. I can do gaming through Steam on Linux and native Linux games. I can do video editing through DaVinci Resolve as I already did on Windows. I can do word processing and spreadsheets through LibreOffice as I did on Windows. As such, I will leave Windows until Microsoft can get their **** together and make an operating system that doesn't break itself every 6 months. It's become too much of a hassle to be worth my time. I need the stability that Linux has always offered me.

The reason I'm making this post is not to make fun of Windows or Microsoft or even to advertise Linux as a better alternative. I simply needed to tell my story and hopefully encourage Microsoft to focus more on stability rather than whatever they are right now.

:)

DrRayThe2nd, Dec 22, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 22, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Leaving Windows for good :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Leaving Windows for good

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Leaving Windows for good

1. Leaving Windows for good - Similar Threads - Leaving

2. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  3. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?: My 14 year old son has a Win 11 lap top. I am the admin user. He is a standard user on the lap top in my family group able to sign in. This morning at 10 am he found a link in family safety to leave the family group, which he decided to try out. He tells me that he was told...
  4. How can my 14 year old son leave family safety without my permission?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account: I just reset my PC and decided to use the same outlook account I've had for years on my Xbox.I cannot access my virus and threat protection settings, because the IT administrator has limited access. When I view the accounts on Microsoft Family Safety, it is showing my account...
  6. How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account

How to leave the family I am in - Microsoft Account: I just reset my PC and decided to use the same outlook account I've had for years on my Xbox.I cannot access my virus and threat protection settings, because the IT administrator has limited access. When I view the accounts on Microsoft Family Safety, it is showing my account...
  7. One drive leaves no choice.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  8. One drive leaves no choice.

One drive leaves no choice.: One drive leaves no choice. I downloaded some photos and they automatically went to One Drive..no choice.Then not accessible to Lightroom. How can I delete one drive from my computer?...
  9. Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev: So I have decided to leave Windows Insider Program Dev Channel. My child unknowingly updated to the latest Win preview release 26100 an now my WMR headset no longer works. I'm guessing the only way to start using Mixed Reality again is to do a clean windows install. Here's my...
  10. Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev

Leaving Windows Insider Program Dev: So I have decided to leave Windows Insider Program Dev Channel. My child unknowingly updated to the latest Win preview release 26100 an now my WMR headset no longer works. I'm guessing the only way to start using Mixed Reality again is to do a clean windows install. Here's my...