Windows 10: Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing

Discus and support Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I rarely use my desktop, except for printing shipping labels & documents. All of a sudden, within a few minutes of opening any app (ie: Chrome, Stamps,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BattyCoda67, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing

I rarely use my desktop, except for printing shipping labels & documents. All of a sudden, within a few minutes of opening any app (ie: Chrome, Stamps, etc) the left 1/2 of the window disappears completely. This was both before & after Windows 10 Update. Help, please?

:)

BattyCoda67, Dec 19, 2019

2. how to keep 2 windows open at the same time

Hi,

I will certainly help you while using Music app and Microsoft Word simultaneously.

It could be done in following ways:

Method 1: Dragging the Windows, please follow the below mentioned steps:

• Resize both Music app as well as Microsoft Word.
    • Now drag both the Windows according to your wish.
    • Switch between both the Windows with Alt key + Tab key or use mouse.
    Method 2: Using Windows Aero feature, please follow the below mentioned steps:

• Open Microsoft Word, and use Windows logo key + Arrow keys to position it up, down, right, left according to your wish.
    • Now open Music app, and use Windows logo key + Arrow keys to position it up, down, right, left.
    • I suggest you to use Windows logo key + Right arrow key for one Window and
      Windows logo key + Left arrow key for other Window to work simultaneously.
    Please write us back if you still face difficulty while working on Music app and Microsoft Word simultaneously.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Change How Folders Open By Default (My laptop keeps using CMD)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response. I suggest you to set File Explorer as the Default program and check if that helps. To do this, refer the steps given below.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Default Programs.
    • Look for File Explorer towards the left pane and select it.
    • Set this as default program and apply changes.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing

1. Left 1/2 of open programs keeps dissapearing - Similar Threads - Left open programs

2. Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen: Recently brown/yellow spot about 1 1/2 inches in length has appeared on the left side of my screen. Looks like a heat mark. Can this be serviced? Is this going to affect the operation of the device? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.Joseph...
  3. Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brown/Yellow 1 1/2" mark on left side of Screen: Recently brown/yellow spot about 1 1/2 inches in length has appeared on the left side of my screen. Looks like a heat mark. Can this be serviced? Is this going to affect the operation of the device? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.Joseph...
  4. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  5. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar keeps dissapearing: Hi,This is something that happened the first time ever.I have a fresh Windows 10 64 bit OS and whenever I play a game in fullscreen or fullscreen windowed, the taskbar will disappear when switching back to the desktop. Auto-hide taskbar option is disabled, sfc /scannow...
  6. Taskbar keeps dissapearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. 1. photos dissapearing 2. power point corupting from photos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1. photos dissapearing 2. power point corupting from photos: issues:1. One Drive deleted all photos and videos from 2016 onward! major loss! does anyone know about how this could happen and retrieval?2. Now moving photos from my phone into PC and back up sticks is difficult, and into power point is difficult. Power point corupts when...
  8. exe.files keep dissapearing! help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    exe.files keep dissapearing! help!: I´m not sure where to post this but .exe files on my computer keep dissapearing. I mean, the undertale file is gone and all is left is the direct access that is pretty much useless without the .exe file! I don´t know how to get back the files but apparently, is an antivirus...
  9. multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple monitors change 1/2 to 1 and 2: When I go to Settings and Display, my multiple monitors show "1/2" instead of 1 and 2. I think you can change this by right clicking on the clock/date on the bottom right, but I don't know which to select when I get there. Help?...
  10. Keeping programs open

in Windows 10 Support
    Keeping programs open: My granddaughter seen me using my laptop yesterday .If I wish to use a program I double click the desktop icon and it opens up. She told me why don't you just leave the programs you use most of the time just close them down to the task bar so they will open quickly . Would...