Windows 10: Left alt key does not work in video games

Discus and support Left alt key does not work in video games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,As of a couple weeks ago, my left alt has stopped working in video games. For example, many games will have something binded to the left alt key,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Vincent_99, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Left alt key does not work in video games

Hello,As of a couple weeks ago, my left alt has stopped working in video games. For example, many games will have something binded to the left alt key, such as diving or free mouse. However, pressing left alt will not do anything. Commands like alt-tab still work, so I know the key itself isn't broken.Any ideas on how to fix this? This was not a problem until a couple weeks ago, so maybe there was some kind of update that bugged things out?Thanks,

:)

Vincent_99, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 26, 2024
  3. LewG Win User
    Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

Thanks all for many responses!

Try*3's procedure worked. My steps in this subject line were slightly different. For me it appears to be a Mozilla toolbar setting (FF, TB). In the clip below it's the top row. You can see my wallpaper in the background. I would have to press left-alt each time I wanted to see it. Someone said it varies by program, so I'll keep it in mind.

Left alt key does not work in video games 313695d1609980637t-left-alt-key-menu-can-we-disable-leftaltkey.png

Thanks again.

4. Left alt key does not work in video games

ALT keys not working after developers update

Hello Paul,

To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• Which type of Windows device are you currently using? (PC, tablet or laptop)
    • If your device has 2 Alt button, does it happen on both Alt keys on the keyboard?
    • Since you're trying to input a special character using Alt key, have you checked if the Num Lock key is activated?
    In the meantime, we recommend that you check if Sticky Keys is turned on in the Accessibility settings. Sticky Keys lets you press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts. To check, refer to the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Click on the gear icon to open the Settings.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • On the left panel, click on Keyboard.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys.

Regile Reb, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Left alt key does not work in video games

1. Left alt key does not work in video games - Similar Threads - Left alt key

2. Left alt key does not work in video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left alt key does not work in video games: Hello,As of a couple weeks ago, my left alt has stopped working in video games. For example, many games will have something binded to the left alt key, such as diving or free mouse. However, pressing left alt will not do anything. Commands like alt-tab still work, so I know...
  3. Only my q,w and left alt key are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only my q,w and left alt key are not working: Only my q,w and left alt key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-my-qw-and-left-alt-key-are-not-working/cef48195-6244-498b-b039-84e53bbf0f16
  4. Only my q,w and left alt key are not working

Only my q,w and left alt key are not working: Only my q,w and left alt key are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-my-qw-and-left-alt-key-are-not-working/cef48195-6244-498b-b039-84e53bbf0f16
  5. Alt key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key not working: So, it all started 6/25/2022, my alt key suddenly started to work like 1/10 times, I've contacted the Microsoft Support and they helped me by solving the problem with performing a clean windows installation. 8 days ago the problem appeared once again, I performed a "System...
  6. Alt key not working

Alt key not working: So, it all started 6/25/2022, my alt key suddenly started to work like 1/10 times, I've contacted the Microsoft Support and they helped me by solving the problem with performing a clean windows installation. 8 days ago the problem appeared once again, I performed a "System...
  7. Alt key not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Alt key and windows key not working in game.... any sugestion ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt key and windows key not working in game.... any sugestion ?: Hi all.My problem started randomly or dunno what i did or install but when i launch any game i cant alt-tab or windows key, i still can ctrl-alt-supp but any other combination with alt or windows key related to windows will not work it's like my PC dont want me to return on...
  9. Alt key and windows key not working in game.... any sugestion ?

Alt key and windows key not working in game.... any sugestion ?: Hi all.My problem started randomly or dunno what i did or install but when i launch any game i cant alt-tab or windows key, i still can ctrl-alt-supp but any other combination with alt or windows key related to windows will not work it's like my PC dont want me to return on...
  10. left Alt-Tab not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    left Alt-Tab not working?: For some reason my Alt-Tab has changed from the left Alt working with it, to only working with the right Alt button? My keyboard does not seem to be the issue. Ctrl+Alt+Delete works perfectly fine it seems. No idea what the fix to this would be. submitted by /u/dmncc...