Windows 10: Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

Discus and support Left alt key menu -- can we disable it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits). The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LewG, Jan 6, 2021.

1. LewG Win User

Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits).

The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless you press the left alt button.

Is there a way around this, so that the window menu is always visible?

win version 2004 os build 19041.985

:)

LewG, Jan 6, 2021

2. keyboard alt = start menu

Hey guys I'm having problem with my keyboard on my ducky shine II, whenever I press alt with the windows key disabled it starts showing start menu, it didn't happen before and I'm having problem playing dota 2 whenever I use shortcuts with alt. anyone can help me out?

edit: lol I found a fix. I was turning dip 2 instead of dip 3 when turning off windows key since dip 2 exchange alt and windows key lololol. close thread please.

Cotton_Cup, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

LEFT ALT+SHIFT KEY DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

Hi,

I used to work with (left alt+shift + arrow) keys to make a block in editors like notepad++, Vs editor, and etc. I recently installed new updated on my windows 8.1 and all of a sudden those keys stopped working.

I followed up all suggestions like disable language keys, .. none of them seem working. Any idea to return those key back?

Kianoush Torkzadeh, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

1. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it? - Similar Threads - Left alt key

2. primary alt keys are disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    primary alt keys are disabled: I was working on Autodesk maya and I would notice primary alt key not working well. Later I googled and came across disable keyboard combo or something. Now my primary alt key does not work. If I use the secondary one it works fine and switches windows. I cannot figure out...
  3. primary alt keys are disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    primary alt keys are disabled: I was working on Autodesk maya and I would notice primary alt key not working well. Later I googled and came across disable keyboard combo or something. Now my primary alt key does not work. If I use the secondary one it works fine and switches windows. I cannot figure out...
  4. primary alt keys are disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  6. How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?

How to disable opening Start menu with Alt key?: Using tablet pc, windows 11after recent update, Alt key opens Start menu. Its really annoying. How can I disable this function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-opening-start-menu-with-alt-key/d8c89eea-1126-453c-bddd-5e32ebd5bfda
  7. disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.: I often type Polish in Microsoft 363 Word and Outlook. I have Polish set as an additional language from MS language pack. There, Left Alt c should insert ć. Instead it opens calculator.It is ridicules, as I need to find and replace all ć in small and upper case to correct the...
  8. disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.

disable Left Alt c shortcut in Win 11.: I often type Polish in Microsoft 363 Word and Outlook. I have Polish set as an additional language from MS language pack. There, Left Alt c should insert ć. Instead it opens calculator.It is ridicules, as I need to find and replace all ć in small and upper case to correct the...
  9. Disable alt + 1 key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable alt + 1 key.: For some reasons, whenever I press alt + 1, it will hide all my desktop icons. How do i disable it? My laptop on the other hand doesn't have this issue. I've switched to another keyboard to test but issue persist. Please advise....
  10. I want to disable the menu activation via the Alt key

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to disable the menu activation via the Alt key: This feature, the menu activation via the Alt key is super annoying, unusable and always interferes with normal work. I'm using Adobe software, and there are some functions that work with the pressed Alt key. For example zooming or when activating alternate functions, the Alt...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to disable Alt key in Windows 10

2. how to turn on left alt key