Windows 10: Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

Discus and support Left alt key menu -- can we disable it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits). The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LewG, Jan 6, 2021.

1. LewG Win User

Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

I've searched for this with duckduckgo and on this site (700+ hits).

The issue is where you can't see the top window menu (File Edit View etc) unless you press the left alt button.

Is there a way around this, so that the window menu is always visible?

win version 2004 os build 19041.985

:)

LewG, Jan 6, 2021

2. keyboard alt = start menu

Hey guys I'm having problem with my keyboard on my ducky shine II, whenever I press alt with the windows key disabled it starts showing start menu, it didn't happen before and I'm having problem playing dota 2 whenever I use shortcuts with alt. anyone can help me out?

edit: lol I found a fix. I was turning dip 2 instead of dip 3 when turning off windows key since dip 2 exchange alt and windows key lololol. close thread please.

Cotton_Cup, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

LEFT ALT+SHIFT KEY DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

Hi,

I used to work with (left alt+shift + arrow) keys to make a block in editors like notepad++, Vs editor, and etc. I recently installed new updated on my windows 8.1 and all of a sudden those keys stopped working.

I followed up all suggestions like disable language keys, .. none of them seem working. Any idea to return those key back?

Kianoush Torkzadeh, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Left alt key menu -- can we disable it?

1. Left alt key menu -- can we disable it? - Similar Threads - Left alt key

2. I can't press space and left key together and also alt and left key too while wpaying

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't press space and left key together and also alt and left key too while wpaying: while playing games i can't press the left key and space/alt windows 10 laptop dell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-press-space-and-left-key-together-and-also/c75da42a-1177-4618-99a4-9cfbbc197768
  3. How do I disable the Alt + Left Arrow Key keyboard shortcut on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the Alt + Left Arrow Key keyboard shortcut on Windows 10?: I want to disable the shortcut, not the keys. I've been searching for an answer for two months please someone tell me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-the-alt-left-arrow-key-keyboard/9dcd4d4e-2b69-4dd0-bd5c-c5a369c458f1
  4. Alt key problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Alt key problem.: I would like to ask about my problem with Alt key. When i write document in ms.word, Alt key in some point will get press not phisycally and disturbed me when i write. Why this is happen? Help........
  5. Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disable 'Alt using Menu bar' of applications.: As you all already know.. Windows 10 sucks.. I'd to ask for help bz this problem is super annoying and I don't know what triggers it...Pressing Alt once activates something that lets user to use keyboard to access menu bar.. But something happened and I can't use it for Hot...
  6. Left Double Quotes ALT key code not working in Windows 10

Left Double Quotes ALT key code not working in Windows 10: I just want to type an open double quotes symbol in Windows 10 that should look like this: [ATTACH] I need to replace incorrectly translate quotes in an ANSI encoded text document and many posts online indicate that the ALT key code "ALT 8220" should create this glyph,...
  7. CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CAN WE TOTALLY AND PERMANENTLY DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER?: Hello everybody, in the last months, with the last Windows 10 updates I've seen how my laptop has become more and more slow. I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed in it with a high level detection configuration (deep scan and real protection). In the last week, I...
  8. How can I disable Alt + A + W hotkey

How can I disable Alt + A + W hotkey: Windows 10 set the hotkey of ALT + A + D for screenshot which I rarely use. Now there's a conflict between the app I run with win10 hotkeys. How can I disable this hotkey? Thanks....
  9. I want to disable the menu activation via the Alt key

I want to disable the menu activation via the Alt key: This feature, the menu activation via the Alt key is super annoying, unusable and always interferes with normal work. I'm using Adobe software, and there are some functions that work with the pressed Alt key. For example zooming or when activating alternate functions, the Alt...
  10. how to disable the Menu key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable the Menu key: Could you show us how to disable the Menu key (the one next to the Windows key)? Thank you! 91535