Windows 10: Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

Discus and support Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is. If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheGlow, Jul 14, 2016.

1. TheGlow Win User

Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is.
    If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon doesnt respond for 1 sec.
    The mouse cursor moves fine, no lag.
    Example, I left click and drag a desktop folder a few spots over and release. the mouse cursor clicks on the folder, the cursor moves over. and about 1 second from when I left clicked, the folder will appear where I released it.
    If I left click the folder, drag it over, but hold left click, then the folder will appear under the cursor and I can move it around like normal.
    If I right click and drag a folder and release it takes about 1 sec for the context menu to show up.
    Just right clicking brings up the context menu instantly.
    This isnt restricted to the desktop. This is any icon, in any folder. Drag/drop to same folder, different folders or even across drives, it makes no difference.

:)

TheGlow, Jul 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Action Center location

Is there any way to move Action Center (AC) from right side of screen to left side? Cause I have to click AC button on bottom left corner (my task bar is on left side) and then drag mouse to right side of screent.

Artem Kotelevich, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't detect dual monitors

Yes I can drag them to the right or left, makes no difference. It's like it has a ghost monitor

LuckyJackPWinner, Jul 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

Can you run Task Manager at the same time as you are doing this and see which processes are using CPU, memory and disk resources as you perform the click and drag. Hopefully this will give you a clue, it may be an anti-virus program is working or something monitoring your files.

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action - Similar Threads - Left right click

2. Disable right click drag menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disable right click drag menu: Hello! So I find this annoying feature on my Windows. Every time I try to right click a file, I accidentally keep dragging it instead of right clicking and then pulls up this menu:How do I disable this feature? Thanks!...
  3. Right click drag to the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click drag to the desktop: Can I change the right click file drag menu default option to be create a shortcut rather than move file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drag-to-the-desktop/530cde6a-c591-4bcf-8c46-da03916f82ec
  4. Right click drag to the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click drag to the desktop: Can I change the right click file drag menu default option to be create a shortcut rather than move file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drag-to-the-desktop/530cde6a-c591-4bcf-8c46-da03916f82ec
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Taskbar actions no longer working : Right click on programs, left click on system icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar actions no longer working : Right click on programs, left click on system icons: When i :- left click on system icons sound, wifi, calendar, action center- right click on taskbar programsIt displays the loading circle for a second then fails to show anything. Opposite clicks work. Possibly started after a faulty ram provoked a blue screen. I'm hoping a...
  9. Windows Touch click and drag delay/deadzone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Touch click and drag delay/deadzone: It seems there is a deadzone where a click-drag does not register. You have to drag past this for anything to happen. Needless to say, this is problematic for the accurate manipulation of anything. Is there a way to disable or adjust this deadzone? It was mentioned here a...
  10. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Left Click the baseline on the left and right sides of the signal pattern

2. left click 1 sec lag windows 10