Windows 10: Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

Discus and support Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is. If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TheGlow, Jul 14, 2016.

1. TheGlow Win User

Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action

I had this issue and ended up reinstalling Win10 last week so not sure what the trigger is.
    If I left click or right click and drag anything, the icon doesnt respond for 1 sec.
    The mouse cursor moves fine, no lag.
    Example, I left click and drag a desktop folder a few spots over and release. the mouse cursor clicks on the folder, the cursor moves over. and about 1 second from when I left clicked, the folder will appear where I released it.
    If I left click the folder, drag it over, but hold left click, then the folder will appear under the cursor and I can move it around like normal.
    If I right click and drag a folder and release it takes about 1 sec for the context menu to show up.
    Just right clicking brings up the context menu instantly.
    This isnt restricted to the desktop. This is any icon, in any folder. Drag/drop to same folder, different folders or even across drives, it makes no difference.

:)

TheGlow, Jul 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 Action Center location

Is there any way to move Action Center (AC) from right side of screen to left side? Cause I have to click AC button on bottom left corner (my task bar is on left side) and then drag mouse to right side of screent.

Artem Kotelevich, Jul 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 doesn't detect dual monitors

Yes I can drag them to the right or left, makes no difference. It's like it has a ghost monitor

LuckyJackPWinner, Jul 14, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello *Smile

Can you run Task Manager at the same time as you are doing this and see which processes are using CPU, memory and disk resources as you perform the click and drag. Hopefully this will give you a clue, it may be an anti-virus program is working or something monitoring your files.

philc43, Jul 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Left and right click drag, 1 sec delay for action - Similar Threads - Left right click

2. Click and drag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Click and drag: When dropping text, should text be copied or cut as standard procedure in Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/click-and-drag/293feea7-b5b6-4403-b49c-7d01c18d8327"
  3. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  4. Left click also right clicks sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click also right clicks sometimes: If I hold left click, then sometimes, it right clicks as well. I'm only touching the left mouse button, and yes, my primary buttons aren't switched. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling most of my mouse drivers and restarting my PC. Please send help....
  5. Right-Click delay in video games on Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-Click delay in video games on Steam: Hey, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I feel like this is a good place to start. Just recently some of the games I've been playing have been having this problem with my right click. It's not on the track pad, it's on a wireless mouse I have which I...
  6. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  7. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...
  8. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  9. Adding Actions to Right Click Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Actions to Right Click Menu?: I Windows 7 I had additional actions in the Explorer Right Click Menu, such as Edit with Photoshop for image files. I'm fairly sure I added these manually, but I can't remember how. I'm also curious why they have gone. There was a dialog box to enter them as I recall, with...
  10. Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell laptop keeps treating left-clicks as right-clicks: I am increasingly frustrated by the behaviour of my Dell laptop, which is two years old. It's a 5559 and the touchpad has *always* been flaky despite several installations of the "latest and greatest" touchpad drivers. It's gotten especially bad in the last few weeks and in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. left click 1 sec lag windows 10