Windows 10: Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

Discus and support Left and Right click on mouse pad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasminOliver, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware diagnostics app on the computer but I cannot gain authorization because i have to right click to get into the App or it doesn't let me in, unfortunately.

:)

JasminOliver, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Mork.420 Win User

Left click not working on USB mouse

So last night I updated Windows and ever since then when I try left click with my track pad it works and then I will plug in my USB mouse the left click won't work on either the mouse or the track pad. If I unplug the USB mouse then the track pad won't
    left click anymore unless I restart my laptop. I have genuinely no idea what is going on right now but if anyone has any suggestions or could help me I would really appreciate it.

Mork.420, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Left Hand Mouse and Right Hand Touch Pad in Win 10

Thank you for the response.

The method you indicate is the usual way I switch mouse buttons, it works fine for the mouse, however in Win10 this also changes the Touch Pad settings.

I want a Left hand mouse and Right hand Touch Pad operation.

Happy Larry, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

1. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working - Similar Threads - Left Right click

2. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  3. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touch pad left click not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Touch pad left click not working.: When I try to play FPS games Im using wasd and left click to shoot but while i've been using wasd my left click wont work. When I don't use my keyboard my left click works. PLEASE HELP! Computer Model- HP Spectre x2 detachable 12 -c0XX...
  6. right click using mouse pad etc

right click using mouse pad etc: how do you right click with a dell mouse pad pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-using-mouse-pad-etc/6ba8fd73-f788-46ac-a2a8-edcc4b8eaca5
  7. Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse periodically stops working (left/right/left mouse click will fix): Good Morning! I have just two users who have an issue where they'll both be working and then all of a sudden their mouse clicks will stop working correctly. The cursor still moves fine but the left mouse click stops working. Both users can resolve this problem by right...
  8. right click mouse pad and no options

right click mouse pad and no options: Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do. Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some...
  9. right click mouse pad and no options

in Windows 10 Support
    right click mouse pad and no options: Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do. Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some...
  10. Touch pad help. Left and right click not working

Touch pad help. Left and right click not working: Thanks, looking for a corded mouse now lol. Without the touch pad functioning it's hard to install/update the driver.