Windows 10: Left and right reverse scrolling

Discus and support Left and right reverse scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This trackpad is driving me crazy! I fixed it so that scrolling up goes up and scrolling down goes down.... but my right is still left and left is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jennhoff03, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Left and right reverse scrolling

This trackpad is driving me crazy! I fixed it so that scrolling up goes up and scrolling down goes down.... but my right is still left and left is still right! It is so maddening that it's backwards. Can anyone help me fix the left and right scrolling? Please? Left and right reverse scrolling :)

:)

jennhoff03, Jun 5, 2019

2. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 5, 2019
  3. me10lee83 Win User
    Reverse scrolling

Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted but same thing.

me10lee83, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Left and right reverse scrolling

My screen became reversed from left to right after installing windows

@Link99, I'm afraid your problem is more serious than a simple mirror-reversal of the screen. I've looked closely at your photo of the two screens. At the small scale there is a lot more going on. Individual vertical strips (probably 4 pixels wide) are NOT mirrored. Within each strip the pixels are displayed in the right order. It is the order of these vertical strips that has been reversed. You can see this clearly in these two snips from your photo. The first is your monitor, the second is the laptop's screen. Note that part of the curve of the capital G is clearly the correct way round on the laptop.

Left and right reverse scrolling [​IMG]

Left and right reverse scrolling [​IMG]

This suggests to me that a hardware fault is the root cause. The address lines that index the horizontal pixel locations are not working correctly. This also suggests that the fault is not in display adapter, some small comfort there. Rather it is somewhere between that and the pixels on the screen. It is possible that an incorrectly seated cable connecting the two could be the problem, but my diagnosis is that it's more likely to be a hardware fault in the screen itself. You may have to replace your screen, I'm afraid.

Bree, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Left and right reverse scrolling

1. Left and right reverse scrolling - Similar Threads - Left right reverse

2. Reverse Scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reverse Scroll: How do I reverse my scrolling because it is backwards on hp Stream laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverse-scroll/1914b1e5-d25b-4b9b-9ebb-902b52c9081d
  3. Reversing Scroll on TouchPad

Reversing Scroll on TouchPad: After the latest Windows update my touchpad has been stuck in reverse scroll. I would like to disable the reverse scroll, but am unable to. Going through windows settings does not even give me the option to disable/enable the reverse scroll on my touchpad. So far the only...
  4. Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reversing the scrolling on the touchpad: How do I reverse the scrolling on the touchpad on windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reversing-the-scrolling-on-the-touchpad/5ab677a5-c781-4629-a9a9-054e95588f94"
  5. Reverse Scrolling

Reverse Scrolling: I'm having troubles finding where to turn off reverse scrolling on Windows 10 laptop. When I use the touchpad if I move my fingers in an upward motion the screen scrolls down, I'd like to move my fingers down and have the page scroll down. I googled this issue and was...
  6. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  7. Scroll left and right very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back pressing the button left « it is going very fast. The problem that I am...
  8. Scroll left and right very slow

Scroll left and right very slow: Hello, I am having a problem in one of the laptops that we have in our company. Usually when you are using Word, notepad and want to go fast to other word or next letter you can press right indicator » in your keyboard and it will go very fast even if you want to go back...
  9. Reverse scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reverse scrolling: Windows updated this morning and now the touchpad is scrolling in reverse. I have an ASUS and have gone into the ASUS Smart Gesture settings but whether "content moves reversely" is checked or unchecked, it has no effect on which direction the touchpad scrolls. I restarted...
  10. Scrolling is reversed

in Windows 10 Support
    Scrolling is reversed: Basically up is down and left is right I could not find the settings in the mouse control config 15145

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scroll left and right windows

2. touchpad disable left right scrolling