Windows 10: Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

Discus and support Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When you tap anywhere on the touchpad, it emits a left click. However after typing text on the keyboard, only the middle 50% of the touchpad can emit a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Leonardo the Vinci, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

When you tap anywhere on the touchpad, it emits a left click. However after typing text on the keyboard, only the middle 50% of the touchpad can emit a click. Tapping on the left or right 25% has no effect. The sides can still move the mouse pointer, but tapping will not emit a left click. If you touch the middle 50% move the mouse pointer or tap, the two sides regain their tap to click ability.The same goes on with two-finger tapping. It emits a right click anywhere. However after typing, the two sides lose their two-finger tap to right click ability. They regain it after touching the middl

:)

Leonardo the Vinci, Sep 30, 2022
  2. Tawny812 Win User

Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.

The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the touchpad to open something it acts as if I clicked the secondary button instead of opening what I clicked on and if I just tap it once nothing happens, so I have to actually click the bottom button to even switch tabs or X anything out. I tried switching it back to right-handed and that one works as it should, but on left-handed, the double-tap and single-tap response is still incorrect.

How can I fix this?

Tawny812, Sep 30, 2022
  3. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

Touchpad Left- and Right-Click Not Working

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please answer the following question:

Did you log in to the system using a standard user account or an administrator user account?

In order to make changes in Device Manager you MUST be logged on as an administrator.

After logging in to the administrator Account, I would suggest you first try updating the driver.

Follow the steps to update the Touchpad drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Update.

• Restart the computer and check.
    If this doesn't solve your problem, you have to uninstall and then reinstall your driver in compatibility mode.

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Find the relevant Touchpad driver and right click on it.

• Select Properties and then go to the Driver Tab. Click Uninstall.

• Restart the computer and check.
    Now go to your manufacturer's website and re install the driver in compatibility mode.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

1. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing - Similar Threads - Left right side

2. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing: If you use Windows, your touchpad works this way.When you tap anywhere on the touchpad, it emits a left click. However, after typing text on the keyboard, only the middle 50% of the touchpad can emit a click. Tapping on the left or right 25% has no effect. The sides can still...
  3. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing: If you use Windows, your touchpad works this way.When you tap anywhere on the touchpad, it emits a left click. However, after typing text on the keyboard, only the middle 50% of the touchpad can emit a click. Tapping on the left or right 25% has no effect. The sides can still...
  4. Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing

Left and right side of touchpad does not react to tapping after typing: When you tap anywhere on the touchpad, it emits a left click. However after typing text on the keyboard, only the middle 50% of the touchpad can emit a click. Tapping on the left or right 25% has no effect. The sides can still move the mouse pointer, but tapping will not emit...
  5. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  6. left and right audio on wrong side

left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  7. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  9. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  10. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...