Windows 10: Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

Discus and support Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minimiceeee, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally.

:)

Minimiceeee, Nov 28, 2018

2. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer not responsive on Task Bar.

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the File Explorer has become unresponsive on the Task Bar. After clicking the File Explorer on the Task Bar the Desktop refreshes but I never get the list of files. The only way I can access my files is to right
    click on the Windows icon at the lower left of the screen, then select File Explorer.

I've tried unpinning the File Explorer from the Task Bar and then re-adding it. This did not solve the problem.

One additional piece of information, I have four accounts on this PC. Two of the accounts have the problem I described above. The other two accounts work correctly.

Thanks for your help.

JamesEastman, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

File Explorer Task Bar icon not working Windows 10

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and all was fine. Two days later I attempted to uninstall an non-compatible program. This hung and was a major failure, leaving me with a semi-functioning Windows 10. I did a system restore to prior to the removal of
    TuneUp Utilities 2011. Now everything seems fine except the File Explorer shortcut in the Task Bar. I can right click on it and get a list of folders and locations, but not properties to change the target. If I right click on it I get the attached message.
    I have tried removing the shortcut and then manually creating a shortcut, first for Explorer.exe, then for File Explorer. Both will work on the desktop, but not if moved to the Task Bar. I would like to have my Task bar icon functional so any suggestions
    would be appreciated.

Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar) 3c4b50bc-32b4-484d-9ef2-af3fefa02613.jpg

MonikaBehr, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

1. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar) - Similar Threads - Left Click right

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  5. right click not working in file explorer

6. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  8. Left Click Working as Right Click

9. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  10. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...