Windows 10: Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10!

Discus and support Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I use a HP laptop & since the last few days I am not able to open any files or click on something since the left (main) key & double tap on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ayeitsashish, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10!

Hello, I use a HP laptop & since the last few days I am not able to open any files or click on something since the left (main) key & double tap on the mouse pad are not working! Although I am able to move the cursor/pointer over the touch pad & the right click is working fine as well! I searched the entire internet & nothing seem to work! Could anyone help me please ? The last thing I remember doing that might have caused this problem (earlier everything was working fine but sometimes touchpad used to get stuck) is hitting the fn+f5 button that I read in this thread Touchpad not working for windows 10. - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums Thanks!

:)

ayeitsashish, Feb 2, 2016

2. N800 Mouse-over functionality?

bump.

The single tap does seem to activate the mouse-over, but it also activates a left-click which defeats the purpose of the mouse-over.

Is there someway to change the default stylus functions: single-tap, tap-and-hold, or double-tap?

If Single-tap, send a mouse-over

If tap-and-hold, send a right-click

If double tap, send a left-click

That was solve my problems I think.

jake0042---01, Feb 2, 2016
  3. Dax© Win User
    Lumia 950 Windows 10 phone - double tap lock screen to get to log in window

Double tap to wake and double tap to sleep ís now supported in windows 10 on 950 & XL

Dax©, Feb 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10!

Hi, can you check you don't have Clicklock on? (see Control Panel, Mouse). How does a wired mouse behave?

Look in Device Manager and check when your touchpad driver was last updated. Check it's not the date your problem started.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  5. Hello, don't have a wired mouse with me, but a wireless is working absolutely fine! And how do I check when was the driver last updated? Have attached the SS..Problem started around 8-10 days back!

ayeitsashish, Feb 4, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    .. it's the Events tab you need- sorry, should have said..

Ok, so it's a touchpad issue. That's useful clarification.

Check the Synaptics 'Device Settings' tab, Tapping, and check Tapping is enabled. (Or equiv)
    Also check it's enabled (which presumably it is) - just noting your hotkey above.

(Mine shows disabled if I use the function key to disable it- surprise..*Smile)

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  7. Thanks, attaching the SS. Not able to find the Tapping tab though! Although everything important is enabled here.
    Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10! [​IMG]

Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10! [​IMG]

ayeitsashish, Feb 4, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Touchpads have always been a problem. I use a Logitech Trackball now for my laptop. Helps for not getting finger cramps.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  9. bro67 Win User
    Actually it is better for you. Carpal Tunnel and joint problems come with using a touchpad all of the time.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    The GUI does vary. No idea why.
    Note you've had a touchpad driver update very recently. You could try rolling it back. Disconnect your internet to prevent update while trying it.

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  11. dalchina New Member
    Humans should be re-engineered to be able to use touchpads.

(Memories of androids extending digits with compatible interfaces).
    I once tried a program that moved the cursor following head movement. Stupid idea... (trying it, + the software).

dalchina, Feb 4, 2016
  12. bro67 Win User
    Incorrect. Touchpads have always been the worst thing ever designed. Not only bad for your hand, arm, wrist and shoulder. Also never work half of the time.

I use a wrist rest that sits on the arm of my couch and use the trackball a lot better then I could with a mouse.

I had to chabge, because I have shoulder issues.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  13. bro67 Win User

Actually you just gave to go in and turn off to not let Windows update drivers.

bro67, Feb 4, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    Humans should be re-engineered to be able to use touchpads.
    = I agree with you... i.e. it's a sardonic comment.
    Compare 'Touchpads need to be re-engineered to match humans'
    Ever tried using one with wet fingers? + selecting a precise region of text can be a real pain.
    That said I do use them sometimes.

(Sorry ayeitsashish- nothing to do with your post!)

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Left Click & double tap not working in windows 10! - Similar Threads - Left Click double

2. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  3. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The "touchpad settings" only has a sensitivity option.The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad...
  4. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  5. Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left-handed touchpad tap and double-tap is not working.: I have gone to my mouse settings and switched it to being left-handed. I also made sure that "Switch primary and secondary buttons" is checked in the "additional mouse settings". The buttons on the bottom of the touchpad have switched correctly, but now when I double-tap the...
  6. Double Left Click problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Double Left Click problem.: Whenever I am dragging files or playing something like Kerbal Space Program where it requires a shit ton of left click crescendo like the maneuver system and the build editor, the left click even when I genially press the left click button it doubles the click. This is not...
  7. Double Tap

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double Tap: When I want to "enter" something and I tap that key, it always returns to the same empty space and I have to re-enter and tap "enter" again. What can cause that? It is annoying....
  8. Weak Left Double Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weak Left Double Click: Single left clicks seem to work fine, but when I double click something, I usually have to double click something several times to highlight or open something. Can anyone help?...
  9. Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select

in Windows 10 Customization
    Double tap to drag without losing double tap to select: Hello! New laptop, new touchpad. Found the "Tap twice and drag to multi-select" feature. I want to be able to do two things: 1) Double tap on a word to select the entire word 2) Double tap and drag (on whatever; e.g. a scrollbar) to drag the thing If I turn ON "Tap...
  10. Tap to Click not working on Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tap to Click not working on Windows 10 Upgrade: Hi guys I just upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 today. I really love the new interface, but for some reason my "tap to click" is not working on my touchpad anymore. I have to manually press the right click button which can be tedious at times with my laptop. Everyother...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. doubletap as left click in win 10