Windows 10: Left click not registering

Discus and support Left click not registering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FLstudio_091, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Left click not registering

I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10.

This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb.

The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my laptop. There is NO problem with the touch screen though.

Furthermore, I want to make very clear what the specific problem is. My left click DOES work. The thing is it does NOT work in one very specific situation. I can provide two examples of what I'm talking about.

1 On Youtube: If I press the space bar to start a video assuming it was paused to begin with and then try to left click the screen to pause the video, the click does not register. In fact, I can click up to 5 times before it actually registers that I'm left clicking and then, eventually, registers that I left clicked and pauses the video. But that's only if i click again later. If i don't click again, it just completely ignores the fact that I clicked to begin with it's not just a delay, it's literally acting like i didn't do anything. This does NOT happen with the right click.

2 On FL Studio music DAW: Same exact thing as with youtube. If i press play and the song starts, I can't add musical notes inside the piano roll using the left click button. It acts as if i didn't click, but then if I wait like a second or two, then it will recognize that I am left clicking. Ruins my workflow.

It seems to have something to do with the "processing power" or something, I'm not an expert because if i'm not telling either YouTube or FL Studio to play the media first, then there's no problem. The problem only happens immediately after i press engage the video to start YouTube or the song to start FL Studio.

I'm NOT the only person with this problem.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-81/70e2413b-e720-454e-b0a7-dd0644182921

Like i said, this started happening after i did a clean boot from usb. I did another clean boot after to try to fix the problem, but it didn't fix anything.

I obviously tried reinstalling the drivers, but like i said, it's not just the mouse. its the left button on the pad on the laptop and also the single touch on the pad single touch that registers as a left click.

:)

FLstudio_091, Jan 4, 2020

2. left bottom window problem

Hi Mark,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform the steps given below and check if it helps fix the issue.

• Press Windows key + X
      to open the Task manager.

• Click File > Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”.

• Type CMD.

• Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.
    For the printer issue I suggest you to run the Print Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooter in search box and click Enter.

• On the top left corner click on “View all”.

• Select Printer from the list and follow the prompts for printer troubleshooting.
    Hope it helps.

SujataMoktan, Jan 4, 2020
  3. No registered device!

Steps to do

• On your phone, go to SETTINGS
    • Here, go to ABOUT - RESET
    • When the comes back up, use your windows phone account that you use on windowsphone.com website. Your phone will be re-registered.

Jay_answers, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Left click not registering

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Left click not registering

1. Left click not registering - Similar Threads - Left click registering

2. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  3. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  4. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  6. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  7. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  8. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  9. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  10. Left click randomly not registering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...