Windows 10: Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

Discus and support Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues. - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons. - Left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Yanaro, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Yanaro Win User

Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

I just install windows 10 on my friend's laptop, but it has some issues.
    - Preview windows don't appear when hovering on taskbar icons.

- Left clicking on taskbar icons does not work, the preview windows appear momentarily then disappear right away, this makes me impossible to switch windows to one of the combined ones by clicking on the icons.
    Normally it would be like this, but on this machine the two preview windows would disappear.

Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working [​IMG]

- I can't right click any items on start menu, so i couldn't run as administrator , or add shortcut to desktop.

I have confirmed that there's no problem with the installer (iso i downloaded from ms) as i worked perfectly fine on other machine (all of which are laptops).

:)

Yanaro, Nov 15, 2016

2. win 10 taskbar insists on combining icons

I just reset Windows 10 after the upgrade (from 8.1). Wasn't behaving nicely.

One of the changes is that the r-click-on-taskbar/properties/taskbar/never-combine-buttons has no effect - the icons are *always* combined.

Didn't work this way before the reset. Is there a way to force Windows to display all the buttons/icons?

Is there something I need to fix?

spaceandthyme, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Start bar columnsthe columns on my start bar (on left side) are too narrow; how do I widen them?

Hi Bill,

The Taskbar can be filled by icons as many as you want. Fortunately, you can still easily identify what icons are in your Taskbar even they are too many. To show icon Taskbar icon labels, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Taskbar.
    • Click Settings.
    • On the left pane, click Taskbar.
    • Under the Combine taskbar buttons, click and select
      Never
    • Click X to close.

Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working [​IMG]

Let us know if this works for you.

Johann Eva, Nov 15, 2016
Thema:

Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working

1. Left click on combined taskbar icons (buttons) not working - Similar Threads - Left click combined

2. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  3. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  4. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  5. Combine Taskbar Buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Combine Taskbar Buttons: One, if not the only think I dislike about Windows 11, is the lack of choice in regards to the taskbar buttons. In most of my work there are several Excel sheets in full screen open. It is difficult to work with them, when the buttons are combined. Hovering on them with the...
  6. Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display.

in Windows 10 Support
    Combining taskbar buttons causes some icons to not display.: When I choose "Always, hide labels" in the taskbar options, it makes some icons not display properly. For instance, Firefox, at far right in screenshots. Windows 10 21HI 181129
  7. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  8. Taskbar buttons combining

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar buttons combining: Win 10 Pro, v1903. Related issues have been discussed before but I didn't find a solution to my specific issue: Combine taskbar buttons is set to never on the Personalization screen. Each time I open a new app, a new button appears on the taskbar - Fine! Each time I...
  9. Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Combining taskbar icons / OFF not working: I'm using 2 monitors, I have 2 task bars, I have it set so programs on the left monitor have a task bar with only those icons. The same for the right monitor.... I have it set to NOT group icons but win groups them anyway. settings are done correctly, registry shows '2'...
  10. The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click

in Windows 10 Support
    The Windows "Start" button on taskbar doesn't work with left-click: I have four computers running Win10. On two of them the windows "Start" button on the task bar doesn't work. So I can't get to Settings or Apps. I can right click on the Start button and get the "right-click menu". All of the other task bar buttons work. What's going on...