Windows 10: Left-click on desktop mouse not working

Discus and support Left-click on desktop mouse not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The left-click on my desktop Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Right click will open a browser but left click will not access anything on the page.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KayFrederick1, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Left-click on desktop mouse not working

The left-click on my desktop Windows 10 suddenly stopped working. Right click will open a browser but left click will not access anything on the page. Unable to open Windows Live Mail because of this also. Thanks in advance for any advice. My apologies for clicking any of the wrong categories.

:)

KayFrederick1, Jul 21, 2021

2. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    left mouse buttion not working

Thanks for all these helpful information, Glen. First step that we can try is to isolate if this is a hardware or software issue.

If your keyboard is connected via USB, have you tried plugging it to a different USB port and still get the same results? If you have other working mouse, try it onto your PC and see if the issue will persist and let us know.

As for the software side, check if your drivers are updated to the latest version, particularly with the
    mouse driver. If that didn't fix the issue, follow the steps listed below to perform Windows 10 Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter:

• Ttype Troubleshooting on the Cortana search box and hit the Enter key.
    • Click View All located on the top left corner of the control Panel window.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Run the troubleshooter.

Try out these steps and let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jul 21, 2021
  4. PPaul13 Win User

Left-click on desktop mouse not working

Left click on mouse not working on desktop but works on taskbar

Hello,

The left click on my mouse is not working on the desktop, but is working on the taskbar. I've tried changing the mouse, with no change. When I login through TeamViewer, the left click DOES work. I am totally stumped, and would appreciate any assistance.

Thanks in advance.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Desktop

PPaul13, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Left-click on desktop mouse not working

1. Left-click on desktop mouse not working - Similar Threads - Left click desktop

2. left or right click not working on desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    left or right click not working on desktop: I did a reset and after it left or right click is not working on the desktop but it is working fine everywhere else. can someone suggest any thing that may help or provide some insight on what should be done? submitted by /u/goyalaman_ [link] [comments]...
  3. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  4. Left click not working on USB mouse

Left click not working on USB mouse: So last night I updated Windows and ever since then when I try left click with my track pad it works and then I will plug in my USB mouse the left click won't work on either the mouse or the track pad. If I unplug the USB mouse then the track pad won't left click anymore...
  5. Left mouse click works intermittently

Left mouse click works intermittently: Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my...
  6. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  7. Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working

Sculpt Ergonomic mouse left click not working: Hello, I purchased the Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard and mouse last year and I'm happy with it. But the left mouse button is not working correctly. Sometimes I have to press hard to get it to click, sometimes I have to press it 3 or 4 times before it clicks. This wasn't...
  8. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  9. left mouse click not working

left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...
  10. left click on mouse

left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250