Windows 10: Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

Discus and support Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by viewerx111, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to helping! I use HDMI to watch TV from online. Close to 50% of my time I am there and then need to change it again. _Three Clicks_, that's All I ever needed.

"Updates" are to help, not to make people VERY ANGRY at the IDIOTS who keep changing things.

I have to check my Mic now that I have read the other problems this October Surprise brought.

:)

viewerx111, Oct 5, 2018

2. not able to left click on system icon

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the left click is not working on system tray icons. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the questions below.

• What are you referring to right click enter in Windows 7 mode?
    • Are you referring system icons to system tray icons?
    • Is the issue specific to system icons?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other accounts also?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 5, 2018
  3. rocket777 Win User
    airplane mode tray icon (& speaker) not working with hibernate/resume

With the new airplane tray icon, I find that after I resume from a hibernate the icon is not working all the time.

With some testing, I found that if I resumed from hibernate right away then the problem didn't always appear. But after being hibernated a few minutes or more, the problem has appeared every time.

If I turn off airplane mode using the notifications tray icon, the airplane tray icon remains in the tray. I can go to wifi and connect manually, but the airplane tray icon is still there. Hovering over it with the mouse pointer and it says wifi is not connected, even though it is.

In addition, once the airplane icon stops working so does the speaker icon. I can't get left or right mouse clicks to do anything. This behavior of the speaker icon started after the (November) update, which I just installed last week.

Only a restart or shutdown/start clears both these issues.

Anyone else see this?

rocket777, Oct 5, 2018
  4. 阿譽 Win User

Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

Tray icon is blurred when I switch user with different DPI

Hi everyone,

I develop application in windows 10 build 10586(newest version), and I find a problem.

Suppose I have two user accounts:

• session 1 (account user1), DPI: 125%
    • session 2 (account user2), DPI: 100%
    When I do theses steps, tray icon would be blurred...

• Launch program in user1 session, tray icon looks like clear on the bottom right corner。
    • Switch to another user (user2)。
    • Stitch back to the user1。
    • tray icon is blurred。
    • operate the application, tray icon is normal as long as it's updated。
    Does anyone encounter this issue? It would be no problem if both DPI are 100%, maybe OS use wrong icon to scale into 125%。

Thanks for your answer.

阿譽, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

1. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!! - Similar Threads - Left Click Speaker

2. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  3. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  5. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  6. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  7. Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking on Network Icon on system tray does nothing: Hi there, I've installed a few new updates recently and ever since yesterday, when I click on the Network icon, a grey box appears with the loading wheel and then disappears. [ATTACH] However, if I go into the lock screen Win+L I can still access the list from there?...
  8. Left Clicking Windows Icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left Clicking Windows Icon: Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions? submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i5ssrc/left_clicking_windows_icon/
  9. Network icon showing but clicking does nothing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network icon showing but clicking does nothing: Hello. I have recently clean installed Windows 10 CU. I am testing Windows 10 in a dual boot scenario with my Windows 7 installation. I have done about a dozen installs but this is the first time this problem has occurred. The Network Icon shows up in the system tray....
  10. Left Click on Start Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Click on Start Does Nothing: Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start indicating that the machine is busy performing a task, but nothing else happens. Right clicking on start brings up a menu of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. clicking on speaker icon does nothing

2. volume icon in system tray does nothing when clicking window 7