Windows 10: Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10

Discus and support Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having a rather annoying problem. I can be working, searching, or playing a game and all of a sudden a left click makes the page go back to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BJW-18, Sep 15, 2018.

1. BJW-18 Win User

Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10

I am having a rather annoying problem.
    I can be working, searching, or playing a game and all of a sudden a left click makes the page go back to the prior one. This happens several times per hour. It does not make a difference if I am clicking slow or fast, or if I left click 100 times or just one. It seems to be completely random. I have lost several hours of valuable work. I have looked everywhere for a solution. All to no avail.
    I am using a Dell Inspiron N5040 Laptop. Windows 10, Polaroid Wireless mouse. Latest Update of Chrome
    Please help me with this issue.
    Thank you in advance for any guidance you may be able to provide

:)

BJW-18, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mouse left click only randomly works

Hi,

Provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing with your mouse device:

• Is your Windows 10 up-to-date?
    • Are your drivers updated? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link
      on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to find and repair the problems with your devices and hardware.

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Choose Large icons from the View by dropdown list found at the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then click Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps on how to run the troubleshooter.
    Note: Make sure that you have administrator rights before running the troubleshooter.

Let us know the outcome after running the troubleshooter.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Sep 15, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Left click mouse

2. clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page: ive tried another mouse and it doesnt go back a page.im using an urage mouse with 2 side buttons that go forward and back a page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-left-click-on-my-mouse-makes-me-go-back-a/ad5df492-42ee-4c5e-8c84-dc4cd8764ca8
  3. clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clicking left click on my mouse makes me go back a page: ive tried another mouse and it doesnt go back a page.im using an urage mouse with 2 side buttons that go forward and back a page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clicking-left-click-on-my-mouse-makes-me-go-back-a/ad5df492-42ee-4c5e-8c84-dc4cd8764ca8
  4. Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 11: whenever I click my mouse button the page goes back randomly. This happens around 50% time I click the mouse button. This wastes my time a lot. Please solve my issue....
  5. Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 11: whenever I click my mouse button the page goes back randomly. This happens around 50% time I click the mouse button. This wastes my time a lot. Please solve my issue....
  6. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  7. Windows 10 mouse left click or roller movement makes page go back 1 or more pages

Windows 10 mouse left click or roller movement makes page go back 1 or more pages: This has just been occurring recently. It is random but very frequent. Usually it's just from a mouse click but also happens with moving the mouse or touching the roller wheel. I have tried 2 different, new keyboards/mouse combos. I have tried Firefox, Chrome and Edge. All...
  8. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  9. Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 Pro

Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 Pro: I am having a rather annoying problem. I can be working, searching, or playing a game and all of a sudden a left click makes the page go back to the prior one. This happens several times per hour. It does not make a difference if I am clicking slow or fast, or if I left click...
  10. Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Left click with mouse, page goes back - randomly - Windows 10 Pro: I am having a rather annoying problem. I can be working, searching, or playing a game and all of a sudden a left click makes the page go back to the prior one. This happens several times per hour. It does not make a difference if I am clicking slow or fast, or if I left click...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 random back clicks

2. when i click mouse left button to pen a page it opens for a second then closes

3. when click the mouse it return again to original page

4. left mouse click back paging?,
  5. all of a sudden my computer is randomly switching the mouse to left handed 2019,
  6. windows mouse back randomly,
  7. windows 10 when i click it goes back a page