Windows 10: Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004

Discus and support Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10 Version 2004, I can no longer open System Tray icons sound/battery/wifi/notifications/calendar/etc when left-clicking on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TerenceOnWindows10, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004

Since updating to Windows 10 Version 2004, I can no longer open System Tray icons sound/battery/wifi/notifications/calendar/etc when left-clicking on them.

Right-clicking does bring up some options, but not all of them work e.g Right-clicking on notifications and then selecting "Open action center" doesn't do anything.

I've already run System File Checker and Restore Health, but that did not solve the issue.

:)

TerenceOnWindows10, Jun 27, 2020

2. not able to left click on system icon

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the left click is not working on system tray icons. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the questions below.

• What are you referring to right click enter in Windows 7 mode?
    • Are you referring system icons to system tray icons?
    • Is the issue specific to system icons?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other accounts also?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Mysticode Win User
    Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004

1. Left-clicking System Tray icons doesn't open them since latest update Windows 10 version 2004 - Similar Threads - Left clicking System

2. Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update for Version 2004 to Latest: I just want to ask how long will windows update take if I update my windows 10 with a ssd, because my pc has a fresh windows installed and my pc needs to update the windows, I checked what version my windows 10 is and it is 2004....
  3. System icons not opening when I click on them

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System icons not opening when I click on them: Hi all, Hoping I could get some help. I've googled around but not been able to find a fix yet. I'm trying to open things from the system tray (WiFi, action centre, date time etc) but unable to open most of them. Further, I can't seem to open and view available networks from...
  4. Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update

Latest Windows 10 version 2004 update: I recently installed the latest MS Win10 version 2004 update. It seems to be very slow loading, running, even Edge takes nearly 1 full minute to load. Is anyone else experiencing these issues?...
  5. Since latest Windows update the DATE is missing from my System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since latest Windows update the DATE is missing from my System Tray: I use small taskbar icons as being a power user I have may icons. The DATE and time used to show on my System Tray until the latest Windows update yesterday which Windows insisted I do. Now only the TIME shows .. how do I get the DATE back and still keep small icons?...
  6. System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Tray Icons not responding after 2004 update: I'm facing an issue with system tray icons after Windows 10 2004 update. I have updated the windows on my laptop two days ago and since then the icons in the system tray (right side of the taskbar) are not responding to click. When I hover the cursor over the icon, I can see...
  7. Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Icon in system tray won't open after installing latest Windows10 update to 2004: I just installed the latest update to windows 10 version 2004, the volume icon in system tray no longer works. The icon IS there in the system tray hovering over the icon shows the volume level HOWEVER, when I left click OR right click on the icon, NOTHING...
  8. Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!

Left Click on Speaker Icon in tray does NOTHING! Oct Update!!!!!!!!: When I left Click on Speaker Icon in tray it does NOTHING! This is due to Oct Update. I now have to type "Audio" in search. WHY? Non Sequitur to helping! I use HDMI to watch TV from online. Close to 50% of my time I am there and then need to change it again. _Three...
  9. Blurry Tray Icons Since Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry Tray Icons Since Update: Yesterday morning I updated my Windows 10 and since then have been getting an issue with my tray icons being blurry. I've tried restarting my PC, as well as turning the new advanced scaling option on/off. It's not a huge deal and doesn't negatively affect performance or...
  10. The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....

in Windows 10 Support
    The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....: Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player 11,8,800,94 or better by now... Hello, the Windows 10 icon on...