Windows 10: left clicking two places in txt, selects the text.

Discus and support left clicking two places in txt, selects the text. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks: When typing, if I go back to put quotes around a word, when I attempt to put in the second quote, the word becomes selected. If I then left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hamsimp, Nov 12, 2020.

1. hamsimp Win User

left clicking two places in txt, selects the text.

Hi folks: When typing, if I go back to put quotes around a word, when I attempt to put in the second quote, the word becomes selected. If I then left click anywhere in the text, the selection enlarges to the new click. I can correct this by simply using the up arrow and then the down arrow. At first I thought it was a problem with Quora's crappy word processor, but no. It also does it on my word processors. I think it might have something to do with recent upgrades to the OS. Has anyone heard of this before?

version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

:)

hamsimp, Nov 12, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Mouse's Left-Click Breaks in Fullscreen

Hi Bipen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 12, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Not able to set word as by default for .txt & .text type file

Hi Ishan

If Word or Office does need to be repaired, then use these steps:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Apps, then scroll down to find Microsoft Office

Select that and choose Modify - Online Repair

That is a comprehensive fix

That should fix any issues with your Office Installation . . .

To set Word as the default app for txt files:

Right click any text file and choose Properties

At the top of the resulting dialog, click Change

Is Word one of the options available in the list?

If not:

Right click a txt file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open .txt . . .'

If Word is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Word is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the Word executable . . .

DaveM121, Nov 12, 2020
  4. left clicking two places in txt, selects the text.

Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

left clicking two places in txt, selects the text.

1. left clicking two places in txt, selects the text. - Similar Threads - left clicking places

2. .txt added to Notepad text documents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt added to Notepad text documents?: When I turned my pc on today my notepad text document titles now include .txt in the name. Up until this point they've just been whatever I named them without the .txt in them. I'm not sure how or why this happened....
  3. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  4. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click: A few weeks back my files began being deleted when I left click on their icons in my desktop / file explorer.Some times all files under a folder are deleted, if I click in the file list part of the file explorer. When that happens, if I click on the cancel button my click is...
  5. Files / text are deleted when I left click / double left click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Left Click to Highlight Text Doesn't Work Properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click to Highlight Text Doesn't Work Properly: Hi,I am a desktop PC user on Windows 10, and just today switched to Windows 11. Recently, I have been experiencing issues related to highlighting text/copy and paste. There are no problems when I'm on my Apple MacBook Pro, but I keep experiencing this issue on PC.When I...
  7. Left Click to Highlight Text Doesn't Work Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click to Highlight Text Doesn't Work Properly: Hi,I am a desktop PC user on Windows 10, and just today switched to Windows 11. Recently, I have been experiencing issues related to highlighting text/copy and paste. There are no problems when I'm on my Apple MacBook Pro, but I keep experiencing this issue on PC.When I...
  8. Left Click to Highlight Text Doesn't Work Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing mouse to left-handed, why two places?: I have a new laptop, and have gone into settings/mouse, and changed the primary button to 'right', as I use a left-handed mouse. There are two problems though: 1. Each time I restart my laptop, it reverts back to 'left' as the primary button. 2. If I click on 'additional...
  10. Text selection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text selection: I am running Windows 64 bit on a Lenova Yoga 3. Since the upgrade, I cannot select text. It will highlight, but it won't hold. I am using right click on my mouse. I am also having problems selecting text boxes, likes, etc. Having zero computer skills, it is very...