Windows 10: Left Clicking Windows Icon

Discus and support Left Clicking Windows Icon in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Left Clicking Windows Icon

Its been happening for a few weeks lately, but all of a sudden, I can't left click on my windows icon. I can only right click it. Any solutions?

submitted by /u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TTVBigDaddyWolfx, Aug 8, 2020

2. not able to left click on system icon

Hello Jorge,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the left click is not working on system tray icons. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the questions below.

• What are you referring to right click enter in Windows 7 mode?
    • Are you referring system icons to system tray icons?
    • Is the issue specific to system icons?
    • Are you facing this issue after any recent update?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other accounts also?
    Please post to us with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 8, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Left Clicking Windows Icon

Mouse's Left-Click Breaks in Fullscreen

Hi Bipen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check, if it helps:

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch Screen. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Left Clicking Windows Icon

1. Left Clicking Windows Icon - Similar Threads - Left Clicking Icon

2. Left clicking Volume icon not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left clicking Volume icon not working: When I try left clicking the volume icon on my taskbar it doesn’t work. Right clicking the apps on my taskbar doesn’t work either. I can left click my apps and open them, but I can’t left click my icons on the right side of the taskbar. I tried to restart my windows explorer...
  3. Cannot left click on taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot left click on taskbar icons.: Hello there, I am having an issue, and it has been going on for about 2 months now. I cannot left click on the taskbar icons that are located next to the clock (eg. Wi-Fi, Sound, Clock). And along with that, I cannot right click on any of my programs that I have added to...
  4. Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't right-click taskbar icons or left-click notification area icons: I have a Surface Laptop 1st gen. Backstory: my keyboard and touchpad stopped working, and to fix that I had to install the driver/firmware package provided by Microsoft for the Surface laptop. Now my keyboard and touchpad work, but I'm having this other strange problem. I...
  5. Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Icon can't be clicked(left/right): Hello, I am on Win 10, 1803(Ver) on 64bit OS ,x64 processor. I have Conexant SmartAudio Audio driver installed for microphone and speaker. I can't seem to click the Speaker icon in the task bar, right or left. I noticed this issue when I couldn't set "Hey Cortana". I have...
  6. Left-Click on Windows Icon not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Left-Click on Windows Icon not working: I have seen this elsewhere but there seem to be different variations... so hopefully okay to post again The Left-Click on Windows Icon not working Packard Bell Desktop computer was 'trying' to do an update and it seems that following that the left-click option didn't...
  7. Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar: Can't right click app icons & can't left click system icons: Hi, After doing a lot of tweaking, I've came across a very weird problem at taskbar. When I right click pinned apps on taskbar nothing happens. But left click works. When I left click system icons like volume and network, nothing happens. But right click works....
  8. Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't left click on systemtray icons and windows icon: Hello, after a day using windows 10 I can't click any icons on the system tray and I can't click the windows button. I can click them with the right mouse button. When I left click on them it gives a short loading cursor and after that it doesn't do anything. 35767
  9. No left click

in Windows 10 Support
    No left click: My mouse will left click toget me to a site, but will not work when I get there. For example, it got me here but will not open any items. I'm typing this on a tablet since the desktop mouse does not work. Right click seems to be fine. The drivers are up to date. It seems to...
  10. The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....

in Windows 10 Support
    The windows 10 icon is not opening w/ left click....: Dell desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012; MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox 22.0; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player 11,8,800,94 or better by now... Hello, the Windows 10 icon on...