Windows 10: Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Discus and support Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10auto-update. Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sachin87GR, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Hi - I am facing an issue for the past few days after updating Windows 10auto-update. Left Control key in Notebook keypad stopped working after the update and I have tried many steps suggested in various forums. None has worked so far, so hoping for some help here. Below are the steps I have already tried:

1. Update Keyboard Driver

2. Uninstall keyboard driver

3. Complete any pending Windows update

4. Make English US the default language & remove others.

All these were suggested in various forums which have worked for others but none of these have solved the issue for me.

:)

Sachin87GR, Mar 1, 2020
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

random keyboard keys stop working?

i went out today and everything was fine, i come home and three random keys stopped working, maybe more i havent noticed yet. the three key on the left side of the keyboard not working, the left shift stopped working, and the enter key stopped working, but the one on the numpad works fine. no one was home to use it, nothing spilled on it, i tried it on another computer and same deal. im gonna go buy a new one tomorrow but it makes me sad cause i loved this keyboard lol, microsoft ergonomic 4000. ill probably buy the same exact one if its in stock tomorrow, this one lasted or 4 years about. im just confused why three random keys spread out stopped working at the same time...seems very weird

OrbitzXT, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Surface Pro 3 Windows key not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are you using docking station?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list, double click on hardware and devices and run the troubleshooter and check what it shows.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

Keyboard shortcuts and key combo stopped working

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard).

• And check if it works.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update

1. Left Control Key Stopped Working After Windows Update - Similar Threads - Left Control Key

2. tab and left control keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and left control keys: My tab and left control keys on my keyboard aren't working. Many have suggested that Microsoft teams could be interfering but I don't have that on my computer. I have also run the test to see if it's a broken key and that is not the case either. Please help....
  3. tab and left control keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tab and left control keys: My tab and left control keys on my keyboard aren't working. Many have suggested that Microsoft teams could be interfering but I don't have that on my computer. I have also run the test to see if it's a broken key and that is not the case either. Please help....
  4. Left control is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left control is not working: My left control key stopped working and I've tested with other keyboards too so it doesn't seem like a hardware problem. I encountered this while playing video games so I'm not sure if it's a short cut I accidently pressed, but I've restarted and also have reinstalled all the...
  5. Left control is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left control is not working: My left control key stopped working and I've tested with other keyboards too so it doesn't seem like a hardware problem. I encountered this while playing video games so I'm not sure if it's a short cut I accidently pressed, but I've restarted and also have reinstalled all the...
  6. My windows key is left control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows key is left control: so i was using my computer today Windows 11 and it was all runing normal but then my windows key stopped working i though maybe if i uninstall my keyboard drivers it would fix it it didnt. i installed my keyboards software and thought something might have been rebound it...
  7. My windows key is left control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows key is left control: so i was using my computer today Windows 11 and it was all runing normal but then my windows key stopped working i though maybe if i uninstall my keyboard drivers it would fix it it didnt. i installed my keyboards software and thought something might have been rebound it...
  8. tab and left ctrl keys stopped working

tab and left ctrl keys stopped working: hello microsoft answers, today both my tab key and left ctrl key randomly stopped working. every other key works fine except for those two, coincidentally my 2 most used keys. ive tried searching online for answers but they keep giving me solutions for the tab + left ctrl...
  9. Brightness control stopped working after update

Brightness control stopped working after update: Brightness control stopped working after window's update, tried the below possible solutions, but nothing worked. 1. set display driver basic version 2. update display driver 3. Windows reset The brightness is set at max in Windows, but i am able to adjust it in Ubuntu....
  10. Left Ctrl Key doesn't work after updating

Left Ctrl Key doesn't work after updating: After updating to the Windows 10 October 2018 Update, my Left Ctrl Key doesn't work, and the Keyboard shows as healthy and all drivers are up to date (even uninstalled and reinstalled them). Any fixes? At this point I'll try anything, all the "Hold Alt+Ctrl keys down" and...