Windows 10: Left Control Key Stuck

Discus and support Left Control Key Stuck in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jon_Hyde, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Jon_Hyde Win User

Left Control Key Stuck

I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled. This problem among others such as the inability to close certain apps within task manager leads to my assumption of a software issue as it started about a month ago after a software update sometime in March 2024. Guessing my issues could relate to a software update issue as i had something similar a while back regarding Win

:)

Jon_Hyde, Apr 13, 2024

2. tab and left control keys

My tab and left control keys on my keyboard aren't working. Many have suggested that Microsoft teams could be interfering but I don't have that on my computer. I have also run the test to see if it's a broken key and that is not the case either. Please help.

Jen Feenstra, Apr 13, 2024
  3. tommyzulu Win User
    An alternative to the left control key please!

I have a new HP Pavilion laptop - which so far has one flaw: there is no right hand control key...
    I am left handed and so I want to use a R/H control key when I want to select multiple non adjacent items from a list.
    I have tried to remap one of the keys to the right of my touchpad to facilitiate this but the remapping does not give the functionality of the control key being pressed while the touchpad is used...
    I have spoken to HP Support who were completely useless in this respect. The person I talked to said he only used his laptop on a desk with a mouse so could not help! And he told me that I should talk to Microsoft.
    If anyone has any ideas of workarounds for this I'd be most grateful.
    Thanks in advance...

tommyzulu, Apr 13, 2024
  4. Thenin Win User

Left Control Key Stuck

How to swap "fn" key with left "ctrl" key on generic desktop

I found that section in Half Teach mode, and I could press the "fn" key. However, when I selected anything at all in the drop-down list, I got the error box above:
    Left Control Key Stuck 390696d1683847726t-how-swap-fn-key-left-ctrl-key-generic-desktop-keytweak-error.jpg
    Any suggestions, please?

Thenin, Apr 13, 2024
Thema:

Left Control Key Stuck

1. Left Control Key Stuck - Similar Threads - Left Control Key

2. Left Control key randomly doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Control key randomly doesnt work: left control key randomly works, sometimes will work in windows then stop working in games, sometimes works in both, and like today no left control key in just windows, right key works fine, keyboard is only 6 months old. tried unplugging then restarting pc, tried removing...
  3. Left Control key randomly doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Control key randomly doesnt work: left control key randomly works, sometimes will work in windows then stop working in games, sometimes works in both, and like today no left control key in just windows, right key works fine, keyboard is only 6 months old. tried unplugging then restarting pc, tried removing...
  4. Left Control Key Stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Control Key Stuck: I've looked through several other articles about the same issue where the computer is reacting as if my control ket is being held down. I have tried various methods of shortcuts such as pressing left and right control simultaneously and making sure sticky keys are disabled....
  5. tab and left control keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tab and left control keys: My tab and left control keys on my keyboard aren't working. Many have suggested that Microsoft teams could be interfering but I don't have that on my computer. I have also run the test to see if it's a broken key and that is not the case either. Please help....
  6. tab and left control keys

tab and left control keys: My tab and left control keys on my keyboard aren't working. Many have suggested that Microsoft teams could be interfering but I don't have that on my computer. I have also run the test to see if it's a broken key and that is not the case either. Please help....
  7. tab and left control keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. My windows key is left control

My windows key is left control: so i was using my computer today Windows 11 and it was all runing normal but then my windows key stopped working i though maybe if i uninstall my keyboard drivers it would fix it it didnt. i installed my keyboards software and thought something might have been rebound it...
  9. My windows key is left control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows key is left control: so i was using my computer today Windows 11 and it was all runing normal but then my windows key stopped working i though maybe if i uninstall my keyboard drivers it would fix it it didnt. i installed my keyboards software and thought something might have been rebound it...
  10. An alternative to the left control key please!

in Windows 10 Support
    An alternative to the left control key please!: I have a new HP Pavilion laptop - which so far has one flaw: there is no right hand control key... I am left handed and so I want to use a R/H control key when I want to select multiple non adjacent items from a list. I have tried to remap one of the keys to the right of my...