Windows 10: left ctrl + space not registering

Discus and support left ctrl + space not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my space key now does not register when I press left control. Not a hardware issue, as I checked multiple keyboards. only happens on left ctrl + space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lev Surkov, May 31, 2023.

1. left ctrl + space not registering

my space key now does not register when I press left control. Not a hardware issue, as I checked multiple keyboards. only happens on left ctrl + space. powertools are not installed.

:)

Lev Surkov, May 31, 2023
  2. Anton Win User

Greenshot: The hotkey(s) "PrintScreen, Alt + PrintScreen, Ctrl + PrintScreen, ..." could not be registered

Adding on top of @userJT's solution -

Initially, Greenshot complained about "PrintScreen" and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" for me. It appears that "PrintScreen" was taken by OneDrive and "Ctrl + PrintScreen" - by DropBox. After you disable both, problem goes away.

Full list of steps -

1. See the error message like in the question. Panic, google, get to this page left ctrl + space not registering :)
    2. Note the first key that Greenshot complains about.
      • In most of the cases it will be "PrintScreen", so let's take it as an example.
    3. Press "PrintScreen" on your keyboard.
    4. OneDrive will pop up, prompting to save screenshots to OneDrive. Choose "No, Thanks" there.
    5. Click "Retry" in Greenshot's dialog, note the keys that are still taken.
    6. Repeat steps above for keys that Greenshot cannot register until it succeeds.
      • In my case it was "Ctrl + PrintScreen" that was taken by DropBox.
    7. Enjoy shortcuts in Greenshot left ctrl + space not registering :)

HTH.

Anton, May 31, 2023
  3. Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT

• I found a bug on the newly released Windows 10 on the Samsung Ativ book 9+ (I'm not sure if this bug is found on other laptops). The function, "Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT," doesn't work with the ctrl button on the right side
      of the keyboard. However, it works when the ctrl button on the left side is used instead. I'm wondering if other users are facing the same problem.

jkichigokim, May 31, 2023
  4. left ctrl + space not registering

Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, May 31, 2023
Thema:

left ctrl + space not registering

1. left ctrl + space not registering - Similar Threads - left ctrl space

2. left ctrl + space not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left ctrl + space not registering: my space key now does not register when I press left control. Not a hardware issue, as I checked multiple keyboards. only happens on left ctrl + space. powertools are not installed....
  3. left ctrl + space not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left ctrl + space not registering: my space key now does not register when I press left control. Not a hardware issue, as I checked multiple keyboards. only happens on left ctrl + space. powertools are not installed....
  4. left ctrl key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  5. left ctrl key

left ctrl key: My left control keys minimizes my open programs and then opens Cortana. This is causing a few problems, how do I disable this function. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-ctrl-key/f961a67d-cd1a-4557-bb0e-c49c0d02eed8
  6. Ctrl and Left Click?

Ctrl and Left Click?: When in any game, I have to hold ctrl in order to use my keyboard and left click at the same time. I'm pretty new to PC/Laptop gaming and was wondering how to change this so I don't have to hold ctrl....
  7. left CTRL locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left CTRL locked: Hello, Because the left CTRL is locked, I'm having difficulty using it. I tried enabling sticky keys and holding the right CTRL for a few seconds, but it only unlocks the left CTRL once, and I have to repeat the process each time. This problem is bothering me while gaming...
  8. left CTRL locked

left CTRL locked: Hello, Because the left CTRL is locked, I'm having difficulty using it. I tried enabling sticky keys and holding the right CTRL for a few seconds, but it only unlocks the left CTRL once, and I have to repeat the process each time. This problem is bothering me while gaming...
  9. left CTRL locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Left click not registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click not registering: I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my...