Windows 10: Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

Discus and support Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I couldn't find any mention of this online: Right CTRL + V, Left Shift + ' and CTRL + C on both sides work as intended. I haven't installed anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kathrad_, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

I couldn't find any mention of this online: Right CTRL + V, Left Shift + ' and CTRL + C on both sides work as intended. I haven't installed anything lately. This just started happening in the middle of the day a couple of days ago. Language doesn't matter - when I switch to Russian, Right Shift + ' should give me an 'Э', but nothing happens

submitted by /u/kathrad_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kathrad_, Feb 1, 2020
  2. yogeshp1 Win User

Keyboard Issues, LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + L/R ARROW doesn't work on travelmate P645-S windows10

Recently i am facing issues with my laptop. Key combinations doesn't work especially with SHIFT.

List of combinations (Not working) :

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + LEFT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + UP ARROW

LEFT SHIFT + LEFT CTRL + DOWN ARROW

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

List of combinations (Working) :

RIGHT SHIFT + RIGHT CTRL + RIGHT ARROW

CTRL + C, CTRL + V, CTRL + X

Other than above 'working' combinations no other combination works with CTRL and SHIFT

Please let me know why this issue is occurring!

Is this a hardware issue/ software issue?

i have updated keyboard drivers, also uninstalled and restarted laptop & let drivers install automatically.

Also i have checked if laptop's keyboard is loose or anything... everything is fine on that side.

P.S.

Recently i have upgraded my 4+4 GB RAM to 4+8 GB RAM

this RAM is DDR3 and may not be original Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working :p

yogeshp1, Feb 1, 2020
  3. Left CTRL key only works together with the left SHIFT key

Hello,

Starting from today while I was using FL Studio to copy some musical notes I noticed Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V weren't working

I've opened the on-screen keyboard in order to check if the left CTRL key was working and pressing it alone doesn't show any input.

But. when I tried to first press the left SHIFT key holding it and then pressing the left CTRL key together. both keys showed input. (right CTRL key works fine)

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've already tried to uninstall the keyboard's driver and then restarting the PC but it didn't work.

Best regards,

Me

Cosmin Lucian Iacob, Feb 1, 2020
  4. AiruSun Win User

Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

Left ctrl -c v f a h x, none is working for the left ctrl key, but totally working for the right ctrl key

Left ctrl -c v f a h x, none is working for the left ctrl key, but totally working for the right ctrl key. It's not a hardware

problem, because ctrl + mouse scroll works for zooming out/in webpages. Used a second new keyboard, same thing.

Tried the uninstalling keyboard drivers, didn't work. Please help! Thanks!

AiruSun, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working

1. Left CTRL + V and Right Shift + ' stopped working - Similar Threads - Left CTRL Right

2. Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11: Hello,I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed it about 2 months ago - when I type in Notepad and use my Right Ctrl + Right Shift combination to switch the language, it also changes from LTR to RTL, which never used to be the case in Windows 10. I've...
  3. Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Right Ctrl+Shift Switching Notepad from Left-to-Right to Right-to-Left, Windows 11: Hello,I'm not sure how long this has been the case, but I noticed it about 2 months ago - when I type in Notepad and use my Right Ctrl + Right Shift combination to switch the language, it also changes from LTR to RTL, which never used to be the case in Windows 10. I've...
  4. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  5. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  6. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  7. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  8. Why didn't ctrl+shift+v work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why didn't ctrl+shift+v work?: Instead of ctrl+v I used ctrl+shift+v to paste formatted text from a google results page [Google's right-hand sidebar], and nothing pasted. So I used the PureText third-party program and that worked fine. What was the problem with ctrl+shift+v?...
  9. Why didn't ctrl+shift+v work?

Why didn't ctrl+shift+v work?: Instead of ctrl+v I used ctrl+shift+v to paste formatted text from a google results page [Google's right-hand sidebar], and nothing pasted. So I used the PureText third-party program and that worked fine. What was the problem with ctrl+shift+v?...
  10. Why didn't ctrl+shift+v work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging