Windows 10: Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

Discus and support Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a dell laptop with Windows 10. I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed. In previous versions of Windows I could set the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jonbennett2, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

Hi

I have a dell laptop with Windows 10.

I use my mouse left handed and my touchpad right handed.

In previous versions of Windows I could set the mouse and touchpad individually, in Windows 10 I don't seem to be able to.

How do I set a mouse Left handed and Touchpad right handed?

thanks

jon

:)

jonbennett2, Feb 11, 2019

2. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Hi,

I realize that you want the left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    You can configure the mouse settings for left hand and set the touchpad for normal use.

Follow these steps to configure the mouse settings:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click on Devices and then click on Mouse and Touchpad.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Left handed mouse when docked and right handed touchpad when undocked

Is there a way in Windows 10 to have two mice one being configured for left hand and the other for right hand? When I'm in the dock, I use a left handed mouse. When I am on the go, I use the touchpad and prefer it configured normal. As it is now, when
    I undock, I need to change my mouse setting manually and then when I dock again, I need to set it manually back to left hand.

DeanRoberts, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Cyberic68 Win User

Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

Left handed & Right handed mouse users

Hi Regile,

Yes, the option Switch primary and secondary buttons change every time, and that's the problem it should not, it should keep the settings on the computer unless otherwise requested by the user to do so. I explain myself

I have 5 PC, I use two of them with the left-handed, and 3 with the right-handed. So when I switch from a right-handed to a right-handed that works, but not when I switch from a left to right or a right to left "handed", because then this switch the option
    mouse settings that I want on this PC ( and was previously set) with the option that I have last used on another PC that was set on the opposite position.

To me, the user should have the option to disable this refreshing mouse setting (only for the Mouse) at boot up and keep the local settings that were set on this PC. Or something else.

Same apply I have a sixth PC, with a touchscreen monitor, I would like (when I boot the PC) use it with the right-handed mouse, but if I had to use a left-handed PC before, then it overrides the right-handed mouse settings with the left-handed mouse.

Thanks

Eric

Cyberic68, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad

1. Left handed mouse and Right handed touchpad - Similar Threads - Left handed mouse

2. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  3. Left Handed Mouse Cursors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Handed Mouse Cursors: For years, I have been using left handed mouse pointers that I created myself. These, and others, have been freely available for download for years. However, Microsoft has recently taken away the ability to use third party mouse cursors, and so now, I find it extremely...
  4. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  5. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand: Hi, in the case of windows 10, when I choose left hand for mouse, the touchpad is also modified to be left hand. Then I can not use touchpad to do click. How to make the mouse to be left hand but no change for the touchpad?...
  6. Left hand mouse and touchpad right hand

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  8. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?: Hi, I am using 2 pcs of "standard right handed" mouse. One in right hand, second in left hand. Both as primary button "left".Now I have bought "left handed vertical mouse". I want to have there primary button left one, as I had until now. But when I switch it in Windows, the...
  9. Left hand mouse together with right hand mouse?

10. Left handed mouse use

Left handed mouse use: I work where I am the only one who is left handed. Since this is a work computer, I was wondering if there was a way to set the mouse preference to left handed ONLY for my user account without affecting those profiles of my coworkers, any suggestions? Thanks, Michelle...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to configure a right hand touchpad with a left handed mouse

2. left handed mouse and right handed touchpad

3. mouse touchpad windows 10 left right handed independent

4. t hand mouse and right hand touchpad