Windows 10: Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin

Discus and support Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did something pretty dumb. I left a Homegroup on the PC I created it on. I can't rejoin it because I can't remember the password (the dumb thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PJLLB, Feb 12, 2016.

1. PJLLB Win User

Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin

I did something pretty dumb. I left a Homegroup on the PC I created it on. I can't rejoin it because I can't remember the password (the dumb thing is that I can't find a record of the password). Do I need to delete the existing Homegroup, and how is that accomplished? Can anyone help me out of my foolishness? Thanks!

:)

PJLLB, Feb 12, 2016
  2. Lawliet13 Win User

Homegroup issues

I set up a home group after updating both my desktop and laptop to Win 10. It was working fine but now on both the computers it gives me the option to join the homegroup. It seems to have kicked both the computers off the homegroup including the host computer
    where it was created. Due to this I cant access the homegroup to leave it or do anything about it really including view the password to rejoin the group. Help in deleting it or whatever?

Lawliet13, Feb 12, 2016
  3. cwr64 Win User
    Windows no longer detects a homegroup on this network error in Windows 10

The desktop allowed me to change the HOMEGROUP password. And then I changed the laptop HOMEGROUP password to match. And then HOMEGROUP seemed to be working on both PC's - WHAT???

And then I changed the HOMEGROUP passwords on both PC's back to their original value and for whatever reason, HOMEGROUP seems to be working OK. I don't know why.

cwr64, Feb 12, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Well I solved my problem shortly after I posted this thread. I changed my Workgroup name and rebooted. The option to create a new Homegroup came back, and I was able to create a new one. I've now permanently documented the new password. Now to clean up the mess I made on other computers by having them join the "new" workgroup.

PJLLB, Feb 12, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    1. Go to the other computer which has joined the homegroup > open File Explorer > left side, right click at Homegroup > click View the homegroup password.

Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin [​IMG]

Go to the other computer which has joined the home group >
    Right click at the Start button > Control Panel > top right, click the View by > select small or large > select Home Group > under Other homegroup actions, click View or print the homegroup password.

Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin [​IMG]

davidhk, Feb 12, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion but there was only one PC that was a member of the Homegroup at the time. The other had already left the Homegroup so the option did not exist. I'll keep your suggestion in mind if I do something stupid again.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Left Homegroup, Don't Know Password to Rejoin - Similar Threads - Left Homegroup Don't

2. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  3. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Don't Know Local Account Password: So, i bought my laptop in 2017 and i'm a forgetful person, Long story short, i want to organize my saved password on chrome. Sadly, it required windows password, which made me quite perplexed. i didn't remember setting password or i already forgot about that. So i want to log...
  4. Don't Know Local Account Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  6. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know the Administrator Password: How do you reset the Administrator password of a laptop I have no clue what it is. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-the-administrator-password/f2c469a8-75ad-462c-b7f6-be42b52b77a2
  7. I don't know the Administrator Password

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Stuck in safe mode don't know password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in safe mode don't know password: I am stuck in safe mode and I can't remember my password I tried "boot safe mode with networking" and "boot safe mode with command prompt" but they don't work/do anything. I can't even reset my computer because I need a password for that. Also its a laptop that came with...
  9. PC Login, don't know password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    PC Login, don't know password: I was troubleshooting some false positive flags with my antivirus provider. They had me download and run a removal program. I ran said program and my PC restarted instantly, during the restart it stated unable to save changes, please do not turn off your pc (or something to...
  10. Homegroup Password?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Homegroup Password?: Where do I find my homegroup password? I can see questions on the forum but I don't know how to view the answers or replies. Thank you, Shirley https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup-password/c32b50ed-6076-46c1-a35a-bc5daae0a932