Windows 10: Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode)

Discus and support Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a laptop with a legal version of 7 U x64 and used MS download media tool to leech a ISO (32 & 64 bit) made a bootable thumb drive and then bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Alloneword, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode)

I had a laptop with a legal version of 7 U x64 and used MS download media tool to leech a ISO (32 & 64 bit) made a bootable thumb drive and then bit the bullet and wiped my old win 7 machine (500GB ssd with 3 partitions, OS, Acronics Images & Downloads), then rebooted with a partition app CD to wipe drive and make new partitions for the new OS (didn't want MS to make new partitions as i hear they leave an odd partition hanging around) anyway done that fine rebooted, went into bios and made USB thumb drive first boot cycle and rebooted and windows 10 installer took over done the usual country etc, then it went into first reboot and it comes back up after reboot as the normal do you want to install 32 or 64bit, well i had already done that so done some googleing and peeps say when it says it's going to do first reboot it gives you a countdown clock whip out the thumb drive so again i formatted the partition and went for normal install and when i got the countdown clock i whipped out the thumb drive and when it reboots I just get a flashing underscore on the top left of the screen and that's the situation i am left in.*Confused

It's going on an old HP Pavilion 15-N297SA laptop with 8GB of ram and 500SSD, I'm at the point of reinstalling 7 back on the laptop and having to redownload the ISO and put it onto a DVD (don't know how to move contents of thumb drive to bootable DVD), any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome, many thanks.

All1

:)

Alloneword, Apr 16, 2019

2. Constant reboot loop while trying to install windows 10.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Windows 10 constant reboot loop in the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1:

To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”
    , let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some
    third party programs conflict. The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.
    Step 2:

If the issue does not appear in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue reappears.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135?wa=wsignin1.0

If the issue does not occur in “Clean Boot”, then you may determine which application/service on the computer is causing this issue. This can be done by following the instructions for
    “Windows 8.1 and Windows 8” given in the section “How to determine what is causing the problem by performing a Clean Boot” from the same given link.

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

Let's perform a “Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results than earlier since the source of boot is different now. So, I would
    suggest to perform the repair again and check if it helps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

• Insert the installation DVD or USB
      and boot Windows 10 from it.

• In the ‘Windows setup’
      page, select thelanguage to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.

• Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select
      ‘Troubleshoot’.

• Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
    You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note:
    Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode)

Microsoft Surface Studio Install loop

Hi Joakim,

Some of the possible reasons why it gives you an access denied error message can be due to the hardware compatibility, corrupted Windows or third party applications. In this case, we suggest that you boot the PC in safe mode and from there install Windows
    10 via Windows Installation Media. For more information, you may follow the steps on this

link

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jesebel Ova, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode)

1. Left in constant boot loop, (install, reboot, back into Install mode) - Similar Threads - Left constant boot

2. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  3. Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in a infinite boot installation loop: I am stuck in a boot installation loop well it's really just at the part were I should be able to download it I press contnue to get to the part were I choose which hardrive partition to use to download windows on and it goes through the whole motion up until a moment were it...
  4. Constant reboot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant reboot loop: My laptop has been in the recovery environment for a really long time I have tried everything when I use the bootrec / fix boot it’s says access deniedI reset it it doesn’t workI used the startup tool and it’s still doesn’t workI don’t know what happened...
  5. Constant reboot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant reboot loop: My laptop has been in the recovery environment for a really long time I have tried everything when I use the bootrec / fix boot it’s says access deniedI reset it it doesn’t workI used the startup tool and it’s still doesn’t workI don’t know what happened...
  6. Constant install windows loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Constant install windows loop: Help! I factory reset my pc but when it tries to reinstall windows it turns off goes into the manufacturer logo and restarts all over again. Can i gets some help?...
  7. Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk

Escape from Safe mode boot loop using an installation disk: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/windows-10-stuck-in-safe-mode-and-does-not/d3a2292a-07bf-48e6-ba39-3e30fd7722e9?page=1 I was following the instructions above which were working up until I reached the command prompt screen (image #9). My...
  8. Windows 10 installation boot loop

Windows 10 installation boot loop: So I press the reset button and after it got ready it restarted but the monitors were not connecting for some reason so I for shutdown the computer and this force the boot loop. I followed the steps of another site in order to fix this issue I had which at that time was The...
  9. How to install windows? Boot loop

How to install windows? Boot loop: Hello, I accidently turned off my computer during installing windows. I followed the instructions at Fix: 'The computer restarted unexpectedly' loop on Windows 10 I changed the registry from 1 to 3 as it said to do. At first I was getting a boot loop of 'The computer...
  10. Win10 install keeps rebooting, stuck in reboot mode

Win10 install keeps rebooting, stuck in reboot mode: Sorry if this has already been posted, but I'm stuck in reboot and don't know how to get out. I left my computer to install overnight. When I came to it this afternoon, it looks like it might have completed, but was still in some set up condition, so I did a hard restart (I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. upgrade keeps change back reboot loop no safemod

2. ARM9 reset rebooting into thumb mode