Windows 10: Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD

Discus and support Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Ten Forums I need some help with a recent BSOD on my new laptop, as the title suggests I was on my laptop which I left idle with the opera browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NitrousX, Sep 30, 2018.

1. NitrousX Win User

Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD

Hi Ten Forums
    I need some help with a recent BSOD on my new laptop, as the title suggests I was on my laptop which I left idle with the opera browser on. Then it crashed, I have just recently purchased this at the beginning of the month, and I had my first BSOD on a Dell G5 5587 laptop.

I haven’t changed much from the machine other than the laptop memory from the 8gb memory to some g-skill 16gb ddr4 2666mhz memory. I would like to know if it’s the memory that’s causing it to crash or is it something else as the memory is brand new so I have 30 days to send back to the shop where I purchased it from. I have attached the bsod log files as requested, I hope you can help.

Kind Regards
    Samuel

:)

NitrousX, Sep 30, 2018

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD

Cannot put icons on the left side of my desktop

Hi Charlie,

You should be able to arrange your desktop icons however you want. Since you want them all aligned on the left side of your desktop screen, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, check Align icons to grid. Your icons should now be aligned on the left side of the screen.

Let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD

1. Left Laptop on idle on Desktop, then BSOD - Similar Threads - Left Laptop idle

2. laptop restarts when left idle for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop restarts when left idle for a while: i have windows 11, whenever I run something on a browser like databricks or some cloud stuff like azure and leave it for a while, my system starts displaying a BSOD with error code internal power error, but the same dosent happen with normal browser usage or just youtube,...
  3. laptop restarts when left idle for a while

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop restarts when left idle for a while: i have windows 11, whenever I run something on a browser like databricks or some cloud stuff like azure and leave it for a while, my system starts displaying a BSOD with error code internal power error, but the same dosent happen with normal browser usage or just youtube,...
  4. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  5. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when left idle: Hi everyone, I have an Acer Aspire VX 15 that I have had for about 4 years. I have run into problems in those 4 years but they all got resolved eventually. However, this blue screen occurrence has happened recently and quite frequently. Whenever I leave my laptop idle for a...
  6. BSOD when left idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD whenever computer is left idle

BSOD whenever computer is left idle: I have a relatively new laptop that I just purchased a couple months ago. About a week ago it started to BSOD whenever it is idle for about 10 minutes. I ran the sfc cleanup that I saw on other forums, made sure the .net framework 64 was disabled, and have clean installed...
  8. BSODs when PC left idle

BSODs when PC left idle: Hello, A few months ago I was getting extremely frequent BSODs. I ended up reinstalling Windows 10 and that seemed to solve the problem. A few weeks later however and they are coming back. A consistent pattern is that they happen when I leave the PC idle for longer than a...
  9. BSOD while idle on desktop

BSOD while idle on desktop: The past few days I have been getting BSOD while my computer was idle on desktop with only Google Chrome open and other background programs. Both times it has happened my monitor was in sleep mode so I was unable to see the BSOD myself but I have the minidumps. 84345
  10. BSOD after Windows left idle.

BSOD after Windows left idle.: Hello, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 from Window 7 back in July I have been experiencing random crashes. Sometimes I try something (removing a program, updating a driver) and that seems to fix it for a bit, but then it comes back. The one consistent pattern is that it...