Windows 10: Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Discus and support Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away. Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by srfpala, Jul 2, 2019.

1. srfpala Win User

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away.
    Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be displayed.

A Right Btn Click actually displays the popup menu.

This was the condition when I bought the machine.

===================================
    Settings | Mouse - Shows Left as the Primary Button

===================================

Using Registry Editor I find

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Control Panel that there is no Mouse entry.

How do I restore the Left Button as the Primary Button ?

TIA
    Bob

:)

srfpala, Jul 2, 2019

2. Default Browser tab opened when clicking both mouse buttons (left and right)

Hi,

Pressing both mouse buttons replicate the function of the middle button to open a new tab. This could've been triggered due to a change on your driver settings after the recent update. As an initial step, we suggest that you update your mouse driver to reset
    any changes to default. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . Once you're done check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 2, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    recently my left mouse button resultes in a menu

May I make a suggestion?

Open Control Panel and go to: Mouse > Buttons tab > Switch primary and secondary buttons

That setting switches the roles of the left and right mouse buttons. If there's a check mark in that box, get rid of it.

S_and_S, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

1. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails - Similar Threads - Left Mouse Button

2. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  3. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  4. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Left mouse button clicking multiple times

Left mouse button clicking multiple times: When I hold left mouse click down and run my finger around the left click, whilst still holding down it, it unclicks and clicks again. This can happen multiple times in one hold. This makes it frustrating when dragging things across the monitor. I have had the mouse for a...
  6. Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time: Hi I have a problem that I cannot press the left mouse button and the back button at the same time, the left mouse button and the forward button can be pressed at the same time, but the other two cannot. I have already bought three different mice and all three have the...
  7. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  8. Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse

Issues with clicking the left button on my mouse: Sometimes when a new window pops up on my windows 10 laptop I am unable to left-click to select something. To get it to work I have to right-click first, then I am able to left-click on it. Its like the focus goes out. I am using the Dell wireless mouse that came with my...
  9. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  10. left click on mouse

left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default btn_click