Windows 10: Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Discus and support Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away. Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by srfpala, Jul 2, 2019.

1. srfpala Win User

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Left Btn Click on Win 10 Taskbar icon on lower left corner pops an hourglass, then goes away.
    Left Btn Click should cause a popup menu to be displayed.

A Right Btn Click actually displays the popup menu.

This was the condition when I bought the machine.

===================================
    Settings | Mouse - Shows Left as the Primary Button

===================================

Using Registry Editor I find

In HKEY_CURRENT_USER | Control Panel that there is no Mouse entry.

How do I restore the Left Button as the Primary Button ?

TIA
    Bob

:)

srfpala, Jul 2, 2019

2. Default Browser tab opened when clicking both mouse buttons (left and right)

Hi,

Pressing both mouse buttons replicate the function of the middle button to open a new tab. This could've been triggered due to a change on your driver settings after the recent update. As an initial step, we suggest that you update your mouse driver to reset
    any changes to default. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    link
    . Once you're done check if the issue persists.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jul 2, 2019
  3. S_and_S Win User
    recently my left mouse button resultes in a menu

May I make a suggestion?

Open Control Panel and go to: Mouse > Buttons tab > Switch primary and secondary buttons

That setting switches the roles of the left and right mouse buttons. If there's a check mark in that box, get rid of it.

S_and_S, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails

1. Left Mouse Button click (Default) Fails - Similar Threads - Left Mouse Button

2. Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell: Hi, I have a Dell latitude E7440. I have been experiencing odd behaviour since I got it second hand (fresh installation of refurbisher's windows 10 on arrival). At first I assumed that I had accidentely hit a key and when I realised that it was a computer issue I waited to...
  3. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set. What do you suggest ? Bob 133732
  4. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  5. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  6. Mouse will not stay on left click

Mouse will not stay on left click: Ever since my windows 10 was updated, I cannot use my left mouse. No matter how many times I switch it back, it defaults back to right click mouse. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-will-not-stay-on-left-click/538a4a2a-af8c-4325-9123-00417860cd63
  7. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  8. left mouse click not working

left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...
  9. left click on mouse

left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250
  10. Left Mouse Click Options

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Mouse Click Options: How do I delete "wrong" left click options in the drop down menu 26090