Windows 10: Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit

Discus and support Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, I have a Dell Precision 6800 laptop running Windows 10 64 bit with the latest updates installed. I am using a logitech external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iqsoft, Nov 14, 2019.

1. iqsoft Win User

Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit

Hi Everyone,

I have a Dell Precision 6800 laptop running Windows 10 64 bit with the latest updates installed.

I am using a logitech external keyboard mouse combo.

Everything was working fine when one day the left mouse button started behaving strangely. I would try to double click on an icon but it wouldn't work. I would try to select a page of text in MS-Word by clicking and dragging the left mouse button but it wouldn't work. This behavior is random. It happens approx 50% of the time. It is EXTREMELY annoying, frustrating and makes using the computer impossible.

I have tried the following fixes but to no avail:

• Tried changing mice. Tried both wired and wireless
    • Tried ALL USB ports, even with USB hubs
    • Formatted the ENTIRE hard drive and re-installed Windows
    • Tried re-installing drivers for the mouse (generic microsoft drivers)
    • Tried running ALL kinds of troubleshooters including Power
    • Tried to find any USB settings / suspend modes etc

I have lost ALL hope. I do not know what to do. It is extremely frustrating, annoying and irritating. I really really really could use some help! I shall be forever grateful for a solution.

Best Regards,

- Harris

:)

iqsoft, Nov 14, 2019

2. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Nov 14, 2019
  3. Ron215 Win User
    Left mouse click randomly stops working Windows 10 64bit

I have a gaming rig with Ttesports by Thermaltake keyboard and mouse combo. Everything appeared to work great until recently the mouse Left click randomly stops working. This is a fresh install of windows 10
    64bit. I began to notice this during gaming and after exiting the game the Left mouse click seemed to be "picky" on what it would let me click on. I have to hit the power button to shut the computer down and restart and all is well again
    until randomly the Left click gets picky again. Mouse drivers are MS drivers and no drivers came with the combo. I know in the past MS has had issues with 64bit support device drivers.

I have tried:

Drivers that don't seem to exist from Tremaltake - sent them an email (tried legacy drivers form web)

Different mouse - same results - several hard wired/wireless (might try the PS2 port type mouse)

Thanks in advance for any advice or help

Ron215, Nov 14, 2019
  4. Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit

mouse left button sometimes reacts as if the right mouse button was used, it happens randomly after windows 10 update 1803

My mouse left button sometimes reacts as if the right mouse button was used, it happens randomly (approx. 1 out of 6 mouseclicks) after windows 10 update 1803 one week ago (end of June 2018). Before that the mouse worked fine. I have a Asus Zen laptop and
    a Dell mouse and I am a right handed person.

But while looking, trying and searching for a solution I noticed sometime peculiar: if I exchange the left and right mouse button as the main button in the windos settings, everything works fine, except that the buttons are exchanged, which
    I of course don't want to have permanently!!!

If I restore the left mouse button as the main button, the same erratice behaviour returns.

Why is this left mouse not working anymore as it should, after the windows 10 1803 update ????

Peter van der Jagt, Nov 14, 2019
Thema:

Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit

1. Left mouse button click stop working randomly in Windows 10 64 bit - Similar Threads - Left mouse button

2. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  3. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  4. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  5. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.: Hi ,My mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying. I have changed mice still happens, so not a hardware issue.I have followed online tutorials about folder view, select double click option - system config stuff and reinstalling drivers but none of it has helped. I...
  6. Mouse randomly clicks the left button highly annoying.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working

Left button on mouse suddenly stopped working: I was watching Youtube and for some reason, when I tried to left click using the left button on my mouse, it didn't work, though right clicking did. Any ideas on how to fix?...
  8. Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working

Gaming mouse's left click and wheel randomly stop working: It first happened half an year ago... my Cougar Revenger mouse stopped working properly: everything was fine except the left button and the wheel. From time to time it would suddenly work again, but after a moment those two parts stopped responding. After two weeks without...
  9. Left and Right click randomly stop working

Left and Right click randomly stop working: Since a few days ago my left and right click buttons randomly stop working. I have a Genesis Xenon 770 and when ever this happens the RGB lights freeze but I can still move my cursor around the screen only I can't use any buttons. Any ideas? The only workaround is to reach...
  10. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...