Windows 10: Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

Discus and support Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apart from reinstalling windows I have done everything in this answer from a few years back. I have no access to settings and limited commands with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Winbag, May 24, 2023.

1. Winbag Win User

Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

Apart from reinstalling windows I have done everything in this answer from a few years back. I have no access to settings and limited commands with the run dialogue. I created a new user using cmd prompt and net command but that was the same. Win Logo + I not working although win logo +R does work. Any suggestions?

:)

Winbag, May 24, 2023
  2. mg8t7gn Win User

taskbar buttons not working

The taskbar buttons on my Dell E5530 win10 pro, build 2404???? laptop suddenly stopped responding to either the mouse pad or usb mouse commands. Everything was fine yesterday when I used it. If I click (left or right, doesn't matter) on any one of the icons or in the system tray, nothing happens. Any desktop icon opens up just fine. Right click the desktop, it works. It is just the buttons on the taskbar including the windows icon on the far left, search, etc. I've rebooted and removed the battery and held down the power on button. I did not add any programs for quite a while, just whatever windows updates on its own. If I could get to system restore I'd try that but I do not know how to get to it without going into search.Thanks.
    Mark

mg8t7gn, May 24, 2023
  3. dehermens Win User
    Left Click does nothing on start button

I was having the same problem. Of the five steps you list I tried the third. By going to Full Screen ON and then back to OFF, The menu came up fine when I left clicked. Thanks!

dehermens, May 24, 2023
  4. Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

Taskbar buttons (NOT icons) hidden behind cortana search

Hoping this is the right board. A guy in my office just upgraded to windows 10 and it looks completely different from other installations I've seen. The start button isn't the 4 equally-sized rectangles, the top left one is hollow and bigger than the other 3, if that means anything. Anyway, when "use small taskbar buttons" is unchecked in taskbar properties, the first few taskbar buttons are hidden behind the search box on the taskbar. I found this out by accident because I opened one more window and it barely peeked out from the right side of the search box. What can be doing this? BTW this is not the icons in the notification area, these are the program buttons pinned to the taskbar. I specify this because it's only icons that I can find help for anywhere. Oh, also, his start menu doesn't have tiles, it looks almost exactly like the Windows 7 start menu. To me, it's starting to feel like a skin/theme for windows 7, rather than an actual upgrade, and he got taken in by someone, somehow.

robertgreenstre, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

1. Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button. - Similar Threads - Left mouse button

2. Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.: Apart from reinstalling windows I have done everything in this answer from a few years back. I have no access to settings and limited commands with the run dialogue. I created a new user using cmd prompt and net command but that was the same. Win Logo + I not working although...
  3. Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left mouse button not working on windows 10 taskbar, search box, system icons or start button.: Apart from reinstalling windows I have done everything in this answer from a few years back. I have no access to settings and limited commands with the run dialogue. I created a new user using cmd prompt and net command but that was the same. Win Logo + I not working although...
  4. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  5. start button, search box not working

start button, search box not working: Hi Everyone,I'm on windows 10 and my start button and search bar doesn't work and my settings doesn't work aswellI've tried the following:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_ubyQRnPpEhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13X0gjTjd4gYouTubeIf you know what the problem is please reply...
  6. start button, search box not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  8. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  9. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

10. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...