Windows 10: Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10

Discus and support Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have weird behavior of left mouse click. Sometimes have to click one more time as used to, to achieve normal function. It's everywhere, on desktop etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by splitsecond, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10

Have weird behavior of left mouse click. Sometimes have to click one more time as used to, to achieve normal function. It's everywhere, on desktop etc. Have disabled from control panel power options some USB power saving functions but to no good. As said when left clicking the command does not go through to whatever program happens to be used. Have troubleshoot this without any help. Don't exactly know when the problem appeared (1-2 weeks). Fix USB Mouse for Vista and Windows 7 Freeze - Logitech Forums

For instance when writing this article had to click a few extra clicks to get the "command" through, to do what it's supposed to do. The problem is that I have to click 1 extra time compared to normal mouse behavior. Any suggestions... Can it be a HW or SW or driver related. Have never experienced anything like this in Windows. Have W10 x 64b. Thanks.

:)

splitsecond, Oct 9, 2015

2. Windows 10 Start Icon not working

Original Title: Windows 10 Start Icon

Without warning, when I place my mouse pointer on the W10 Start Icon there is no reaction. When clicking the left mouse button, a blue shadow surrounds the icon, but nothing happens.

Merzai-RMC, Oct 9, 2015
  3. I have problem with Administrator account

When mouse click to cmd nothing happens, when i click left click nothing happens....

SanderNaarits, Oct 9, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10

splitsecond, one thing left out even though i know it is a Logitech, which model ? Wireless, wired, have tried any others on same PC or tried that particular one on another PC ?

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Yeah it's a Logitech G100 wired gaming mouse, have not tried it on other PC or other mice on this. Was surprised about this, thought 1st that it's in my head LOL.
    Whats up with Logitech?? Have other mice lying around but the question is, why now probs with Logitech mice? Had it running with Windows 8.1 & 10, OK until now?! Any updates cause this?

EDIT: installed drivers (September 2015) from Logitech website. Follow up if OK.

splitsecond, Oct 9, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Yes, newest drivers as of Sept. 2015. You must troubleshoot in various ways, use another mouse same PC or use that mouse on different PC. Remove drivers and check reinstall new drivers and check. I know you will loose some extra features without the software drivers, but most likely will function fine without them. I have Logitech m570 no setpoint software drivers and it works flawless.

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  7. You mean to remove Logitech specific game drivers, reinstalling removing etc. and try? Also try with another mouse.
    I noticed that installing new drivers didn't help. Still the same non responsive left click. Have to zzzz but try 2morrow. Thanks for insight.

splitsecond, Oct 9, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

Yes the setpoint drivers, uninstall them, see how it works, try to reinstall them again, newest ones again. Yes try another mouse see how it reacts on that PC. Maybe button is getting stuck, dirty or bad can always be possibility. Try without drivers (setpoint).

Didn't you have mouse issues before, seems familiar ? Sleep well, Your welcome.

jds63, Oct 9, 2015
  9. Yes, did have right click problem/hang but was solved disabling fast startup - Norton doesn't "like" fast startup... have not had time yet to test reinstalling/ installing ect..

splitsecond, Oct 9, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    I do not use fast startup myself, used with hibernate https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-fast-startup-turn-off-windows-
    10-a.html

Have Norton's boot time protection enabled can be reasons for that with fast startup. Let me know what happens with the rest.

jds63, Oct 10, 2015
  11. Try today installing reinstalling and testing with other mouse. Made a warranty claim to Logitech (3 yrs warranty), mine is 1 yo. Suspect that left mouse button have some connection issue. Waiting for answer in two business days.

splitsecond, Oct 10, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    What i mentioned as a possibility, left click being faulty or dirty can try canned air on it. Assuming other mouse worked on that PC. Wow, 2 days to even respond ,well plus it was over the weekend too. Good luck ! I tell you besides yours being a gaming mouse, i love the Logitech Trackball i use and i would never go back to dragging a mouse around a pad again.

jds63, Oct 10, 2015
  13. Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10

Trying the mouse on my laptop. It seems after quick test to function properly. If that's the case and another mouse is working OK on my desktop, then its getting weird. Did no good removing and reinstalling Logitech drivers on my desktop (did it a few times, still missing clicks). Acting the same with or without LTech mouse drivers. Not sure but maybe missed first clicks on my laptop, they come and go and not easy to notice. Tried cleaning with canned air, but the same. Still to test another mouse on desktop. Don't know if have one long enough (wired). Laptop mouse is a "micro mouse" with short cord. Don't like wireless... yeah sure of it now, missing "clicks" also on laptop, something wrong with the G100. W10 - 64b Pro on laptop.

splitsecond, Oct 11, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    Got a stuck key there or worn out. If you double checked mouse settings within windows an setpoint too. Had me a bit confused for awhile to where you tried it, how you tried it, if tried another mouse.
    Didnt you have an issue with a MX Anywhere mouse once before ?

jds63, Oct 11, 2015
  15. No, don't think so, have no MX mouse.. *Smile

splitsecond, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Left mouse click - nothing happens (3 of 7) W10 - Similar Threads - Left mouse click

2. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  3. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  4. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  5. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  6. Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard - when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears: I take a snip of an item and it goes to my clipboard. The only options the clipboard gives me is 'delete', 'pin' or 'clear all'. there is no option to paste or save the image. What do I need to do? when I right click, nothing happens and when I left click it disappears. I...
  7. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...
  8. left click on mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left click on mouse: since I bought my new Dell windows 10 desktop I have been having trouble with my mouse. its very touchy and I have to play around with it to find a spot that will allow the left click. I heard there is a way to fix this. any help would be appreciated...tyvm *Rolleyes 87250
  9. Start button left click nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button left click nothing happens: Have a Dell XPS 11. Clicking left on start button should open Cortana and Start Options. Nothing happens. There's a hamburger on the top left which will bring up the start menu, Most Used, Recently Added and File Explorer, Settings, etc. At the bottom, Power Symbol and a...
  10. Left Click on Start Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Click on Start Does Nothing: Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start indicating that the machine is busy performing a task, but nothing else happens. Right clicking on start brings up a menu of...