Windows 10: Left mouse click works intermittently

Discus and support Left mouse click works intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All, I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue. I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by R3Dfoot, Aug 20, 2019.

1. R3Dfoot Win User

Left mouse click works intermittently

Hi All,

I know this question is everywhere but i cannot find any answer that would help me solve the issue.

I gave up and reinstalled my W10 on my desktop. It solved the issue...until i unplugged the mouse to use it on my laptop (also W10). When i plugged it back to my desktop it started its shennanigans again. 2 out of 5 clicks work only.

Here is a list i tried already:

- reinstal mouse driver (newest driver)

- delete mouse driver from device manager and restart the computer

- plug it to a different port (all 5 ports front and back does the same)

- tried with different mouse (same issue with 2-3 different mouse - different manufacturer also)

- reinstal windows - solved it until i unplugged/plugged in again

Please help me.

Thank you!

:)

R3Dfoot, Aug 20, 2019

2. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse
    I tried so please do not suggest trying a different mouse or driver. I am using Windows 10.

BenjaminSomberg, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    W10 left mouse click works Intermittently

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with left clicking on mouse after upgrading to Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the mouse and computer?
    • Did you tried connecting the same mouse on a different computer?
    This issue could have occurred due to corrupt or outdated mouse drivers.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware troubleshooter and check.

a) Press Windows.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    E
    nter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to un-install and re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the mouse driver:

a. Press Windows Key from the keyboard.

b. Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Expand Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the mouse driver and select
    “Uninstall”.

d. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2:

Now re-install mouse driver from the computer manufacturer website.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available on the manufacturer website, I suggest you to download and install the latest mouse driver
    compatibility mode from the computer manufacturer website. Check if it helps.

To install the mouse
    driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Download the latest mouse
    driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Don939 Win User

USB mouse works intermittently

My usb mouse only works intermittently (disappears and reappears. When I go to device manager and highlight the mouse, the device manager list of devices goes through a cycle of reappearing and disappearing. How can I get the mouse to work without interruption?
    I have tried updating and reinstalling the drives. I have also changed the power saver settings so that the usb ports do not shut off.

Don939, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Left mouse click works intermittently - Similar Threads - Left mouse click

2. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  3. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Left Click not working.........: the left click of my mouse doesnt work properly i have tried different mices but the problem resists . The left click works but sometimes it just doesnt work . Like when i click on something to open it its like nothing happens then i need to smash the left click severl times...
  4. Mouse Left Click not working.........

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  6. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click not working: When ever I left click my mouse deletes my stuff, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-left-click-not-working/38226cb9-8bc6-4995-9e1c-5e1f4f1b9402
  7. Mouse left click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  9. Mouse left button stops working intermittently

Mouse left button stops working intermittently: I have seen several posts with similar problems, but none of them provide any useful answers. Basically, my left mouse button stops working intermittently. I can "fix" it by double clicking the scroll button, but it soon returns. This is the third mouse I tried so please...
  10. left mouse click not working

left mouse click not working: Hi i'm not very microsoft literate so i need some very basic support. my problem is i have lost the left click on my mouse. i managed to use keyboard to access the settings and change to right click as main button and now have this functionality. if i return to left click...