Windows 10: Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Discus and support Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wasder1234, May 5, 2020.

1. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Hi,

Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and none have worked. I've reinstalled my mouse's drivers and the drivers associated with the USB connection it is attached to. I have made sure that my CPU is running normally and done a full scan and found no malware. Anyone know a solution to this?

:)

wasder1234, May 5, 2020

2. Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, May 5, 2020
  3. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?

BrianKoester, May 5, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Left click mouse

Perform the following steps:
    1) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy or paste:
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) chkdsk /scan
    5) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    6) Net user test /add
    7) Shutdown /r
    8) When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test
    9) Check the performance of the mouse with the new user named test and report the results into the thread

zbook, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

1. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering - Similar Threads - Left Mouse clicks

2. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  3. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  4. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  5. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  6. Left click randomly not registering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...
  7. Left click not registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click not registering: I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my...
  8. Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell: Hi, I have a Dell latitude E7440. I have been experiencing odd behaviour since I got it second hand (fresh installation of refurbisher's windows 10 on arrival). At first I assumed that I had accidentely hit a key and when I realised that it was a computer issue I waited to...
  9. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering: I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?...
  10. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...