Windows 10: Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Discus and support Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/godutchnow, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following. https://appuals.com/fix-left-click-not-working-windows-10/

The trackpad left mouse button still seems okay

submitted by /u/godutchnow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/godutchnow, Aug 31, 2020

2. Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?

BrianKoester, Aug 31, 2020
  4. Joe Fevs Win User

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

Mouse left clicks not registering on Windows 10

A couple of days ago my mouse stopped registering 70% of my left clicks.

It takes several clicks in order to select or click on anything. It took me about 4 clicks just to click on this text box, for example.

I have had this mouse, a Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, for a good few years now and this is the first time it has happened.

I have tried plugging it into a different USB port, but it failed to do anything.

Is this a mechanical issue, a driver issue or something else entirely?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Fevs, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

1. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click - Similar Threads - Left mouse clicks

2. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  3. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  4. Mouse click registering issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse click registering issues: So I woke up today and went to use my asus windows 10 pc but noticed my mouse clicks are not registering half the time neither are they maintaining (if i hold click, half the time it counts as just a click). I tried resetting it and using it in different ports: nothing...
  5. Left mouse clicks not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse clicks not registering: Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks. I changed my mouse and which...
  6. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  7. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  8. Left click randomly not registering

Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...
  9. Left click not registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click not registering: I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my...
  10. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering: I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?...