Windows 10: Left mouse clicks not registering

Discus and support Left mouse clicks not registering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Throwaway_626, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Left mouse clicks not registering

Hi

I have been having the issue where my mouse clicks on windows 10 specifically left click will not register and it seems to be getting worse, beforehand every 1 in 4 clicks didn't register, now it seems to be more like every 3 in 4 clicks.

I changed my mouse and which USB port it is using and that has not helped. Looking in the settings for my mouse seems to provide no solution

My keyboard functions perfectly, I am using a default USB mouse leftclick, right click & scrollwheel.

I installed the latest update today, which has not fixed my issue

If i left click and drag whatever i am dragging often drops despite my finger still being held on the left click button

Can someone be kind enough to provide a solution for this? Im struggling to find options that work

Thanks in advance

:)

Throwaway_626, Oct 12, 2020

2. Left click not registering

I suggest you start the trouble-shooting effort with simple left-click actions, e.g. like so:

• Single click any desktop item. This should highlight the item.
    • Double-click any desktop item. This should open it.
    • Drag any desktop item do a different place, using your mouse. Can you move it?
    Could it be that your mouse buttons are reversed?

Frederik Long, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?

BrianKoester, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Left mouse clicks not registering

Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

Hi wasder1234,

Thank you for bringing this issue to us.

I am glad to work with you and help you find a resolution for this issue.

We apologize if there is an issue on registering the left key button of mouse on windows 10.

Please let us work together to find a way to fix the issue.

Let us do these steps provided on the link bellow.

Just a few reminder before accessing the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Fix: Left Click Not Working Windows 10

https://appuals.com/fix-left-click-not-working-...

Please let me know on how I can provide further assistance to you.

Continue to have a safe and good day wasder1234.

Best Regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Left mouse clicks not registering

1. Left mouse clicks not registering - Similar Threads - Left mouse clicks

2. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  3. Mouse left click working but not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse left click working but not registering: I got a new computer as a Christmas gift and have been playing on it non stop but today the left click was working. I tried searching ways to fix it but nothing worked i resetted my computer completely but the problem is still there. could it be that my mouse is broken?...
  4. Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left mouse clicks not registering/ registering as more than 1 click: For about a week my (wired) mouse has been misbehaving with clicks not registering or one click registering as multiple clicks. I then decided to hook a bluetooth mouse which shows the same problems. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers and the following....
  5. Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Mouse clicks constantly not registering: Hi, Recently the majority of the time when I try to click with the left mouse button, my PC doesn't register that I have clicked. I have done multiple tests and it appears my mouse is fine, it is an issue with my PC. I have tried multiple solutions from threads on here and...
  6. Left click randomly not registering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...
  7. Left click not registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click not registering: I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my...
  8. Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse left click sometimes registering as 'back' button, Dell: Hi, I have a Dell latitude E7440. I have been experiencing odd behaviour since I got it second hand (fresh installation of refurbisher's windows 10 on arrival). At first I assumed that I had accidentely hit a key and when I realised that it was a computer issue I waited to...
  9. Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse Without Borders - Left mouse click not registering: I have successfully installed, linked and am currently running Mouse Without Borders on two machines. Problem is, my remote machine is not registering left mouse clicks. I can right click all day, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?...
  10. Left click mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Left click mouse: Hi all. Ive searched and googled until Im exhausted, finallay joined here to see if theres help. Using win10 om acer aspire laptop. I changed my mouse to a wired red led light under neath. Now whenever I left click on a file/folder/picture etc etc on the desktop nothing...