Windows 10: left or right click not working on desktop

Discus and support left or right click not working on desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I did a reset and after it left or right click is not working on the desktop but it is working fine everywhere else. can someone suggest any thing that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/goyalaman_, Dec 6, 2020.

1. left or right click not working on desktop

I did a reset and after it left or right click is not working on the desktop but it is working fine everywhere else. can someone suggest any thing that may help or provide some insight on what should be done?

submitted by /u/goyalaman_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/goyalaman_, Dec 6, 2020

2. Cannot put icons on the left side of my desktop

Hi Charlie,

You should be able to arrange your desktop icons however you want. Since you want them all aligned on the left side of your desktop screen, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click at a blank area on your desktop.
    • Hover on View.
    • In the right pane, look for Auto arrange icons. If it's checked, make sure to uncheck it.
    • Hover again on View.
    • This time, check Align icons to grid. Your icons should now be aligned on the left side of the screen.

Let us know if the issue persists so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT

• I found a bug on the newly released Windows 10 on the Samsung Ativ book 9+ (I'm not sure if this bug is found on other laptops). The function, "Switch virtual desktop: WIN + CTRL + LEFT or RIGHT," doesn't work with the ctrl button on the right side
      of the keyboard. However, it works when the ctrl button on the left side is used instead. I'm wondering if other users are facing the same problem.

jkichigokim, Dec 6, 2020
  4. left or right click not working on desktop

My Desktop Icons shift to the left edge on a weekly basis

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to get more information regarding the issue that you re facing.

Does that mean that you customize the icons on the desktop and it will auto arrange to the left side of the desktop?

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to uncheck the option
    Align icons to the Grid
    option. To do so,

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Uncheck Align icons to the Grid option.
    Hope the information helps if the issue still persists, reply with the more information regarding the issue that you are facing. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

left or right click not working on desktop

1. left or right click not working on desktop - Similar Threads - left right click

2. Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad Buttons Right Click and Left Click not working: For some reason I had to do a clean install of Windows via an Installation Media in which I formatted my C Drive and then installed a fresh copy of Windows 11 on it. However, after all this, my laptop's built-in mouse buttons found near touchpad have totally stopped working....
  3. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  4. Left & Right Click Stops Working

Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  7. Left Click Working as Right Click

8. laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop keeps on right clicking + left click works as right click: hey... i've been really frustrated for the past few days. my laptop has been right clicking on it's own since a few days ago and i also noticed that the left click works the same as the right click. it just keeps on showing the menu thing even though i don't press anything. i...
  9. G402 Left And Right Click Not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    G402 Left And Right Click Not working: I got on my pc and my left and right-click was not working in my mouse but everything else was, I restarted changed USD ports and it still did not work I tried a different mouse and it was fine and then I tried the G402 on my laptop and it is fine. submitted by /u/DJ-Lime...
  10. Desktop Right Click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...