Windows 10: Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present)

Discus and support Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good people, I have a Windows 7 machine that has contracted an infection of some kind that I have not been able to completely eradicate. Info: [1]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ComicOak3348469, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present)

Good people,

I have a Windows 7 machine that has contracted an infection of some kind that I have not been able to completely eradicate.

Info:

[1] Description:

I think this malware arrived as what looked like a MS Word ".doc" file that was

attached to an email. I knew the source and tried to open the .doc attachment.

I have:

Windows 7, 32-bit, latest updates (as of 15 Feb 2019)
    Microsoft Security Essentials says nothing found.

About every 5 to 10 minutes I get a popup that states:
    "2265891.exe has stopped working"

I can either "Check online for a solution and close the program", or I can simply "Close the program". I have done one or the other many times.

This popup also allows me to see additional details, which are as follows:

----start----
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: 2265891.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 5c61771b
    Fault Module Name: 2265891.exe
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.1
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5c61771b
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000114e0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 50e5
    Additional Information 2: 50e520dc17a2b3a4a2d06bb85a6d30c1
    Additional Information 3: d418
    Additional Information 4: d418661b4ff1a682a05e2f25112ffc83

Read our privacy statement online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy

statement offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
    -----end-----

Here is an image of the popup:

Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present) ec872fb9-b875-4526-8bf9-b7688b53f02a?upload=true.png

Security Essentials also has some information. Here is an image:

Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present) 565c6f08-c04f-4456-b73b-262cfd9dac37?upload=true.png

I have downloaded and run the "Microsoft Safety Scanner - 1.0.3001.0

This software does not find anything with the "quick scan".

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Thanks,
    Jim

:)

ComicOak3348469, Feb 15, 2019
  2. Bruce Hagen, Feb 15, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Feb 15, 2019
  4. R-T-B Win User

Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present)

Manufacturers embed malware in their smartphones

There is an important distinction there. Adware != malware.

R-T-B, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present)

1. Left-over effects of malware in Windows 7 (or malware still present) - Similar Threads - Left effects malware

2. Malware over windows defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware over windows defender: A malware has added itself in windows defender exclusions folder... Can't remove it from there...And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus,It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes...
  3. Malware over windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware over windows defender: A malware has added itself in windows defender exclusions folder... Can't remove it from there...And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus,It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes...
  4. Malware over windows defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Malware took over administrator properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware took over administrator properties: It has added itself own in windows defender exclusions... Can't remove it from there... And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus, It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes automatically......
  6. possibly still have malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    possibly still have malware?: hello, a few days ago my brother guided me on downloaded a cracked version of some app. details don’t matter, but apparently the person who made it was notorious for having sketchy malware in their cracks. my brother is the techy one and told me that they were probably false,...
  7. possibly still have malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possibly still have malware?: hello, a few days ago my brother guided me on downloaded a cracked version of some app. details don’t matter, but apparently the person who made it was notorious for having sketchy malware in their cracks. my brother is the techy one and told me that they were probably false,...
  8. possibly still have malware?

9. Svchost.com Malware on windows 7

Svchost.com Malware on windows 7: Hello A malware has attacked my pc and it effects my softwares. whenever i open any of my pc programs (even my anti-malware software Malwarebytes and windows programs such as control panel) malwarebytes shows me a notification that a website has been blocked due to trojan ....
  10. Pc taken over by viruses and malware

Pc taken over by viruses and malware: So my girlfriend got tricked by these multiple download button sites and unfortunately my pc is now possesed by all kinds of viruses and malware. It goes from hijacking my brownser (something called youndoo) to disabling the windows defender "permanently" ( had to go to the...