Windows 10: Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

Discus and support Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Got a weird problem where the left and right arrow keys don't work anywhere in Windows: for games, word processing, browsing, or anything else...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nileshjanghel, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

Got a weird problem where the left and right arrow keys don't work anywhere in Windows: for games, word processing, browsing, or anything else... except when I use them in conjunction with a keyboard shortcut for example, ctrl+right or alt+right does what it's supposed to every time. So obviously the keys are functional and Windows recognizes the input, but it's just not performing the normal function. They used to work fine, but since I don't use them that often I have no idea when this happened. It's been like this for over a week now at least. Tried turning scroll lock off and on, uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it again. I have lenovo legion y520 laptop and a win 10 home version. Thank you!

:)

nileshjanghel, Aug 20, 2020

2. Win Key + Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

This is super irritating, as it was my favorite Windows keyboard command. I'm going to hold off upgrading my work PC until I can find a fix. Anyway, I have a clean Win 10 install here at home. It used to make windows snap to the left or right of the screen
    if I pressed the windows logo key plus either left or right arrow key. That functionality all of a sudden no longer works. It's been a few weeks like this. Oddly, Windows key and up or down DO work.

1) Yes my arrow keys all work. Just tried it. Also I've been using them in games.

2) It's a USB keyboard (Das Keyboard to be precise)

3) I'm on Win 10 pro

4) If I drag a window to the left or right of the screen, it'll snap in the manner it should if I pressed Win key + left/right

5) This is a desktop

Not sure what else to try or why it just randomly stopped working but it's my favorite shortcut.

Architekt909, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Left/Right Arrow Keys and my Delete Key Not working

My left and Right Arrow Keys and my delete key does not work I have had some luck with CRTL and ALT keys with my left and right arrow keys but now that is not working it stopped working around Last June and has been fiddling with it stopped working with
    the last update around June

SsL x ZOMBIEMAN, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

Win Key + Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

Hey Arun, thanks for the reply. That setting was not checked: So I tried checking it and using the win key + left/right arrow (which, as expected, didn't work). And I tried unchecking it, hitting apply, and trying again: still no luck with win+left/right.
    Again, win+up/down are working.

I also just tried plugging the keyboard into a different USB slot just in case. No luck.

Architekt909, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work

1. Left/Right Arrow keys no longer work - Similar Threads - Left Right Arrow

2. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  3. left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left shift+ right arrow, and left ctrl + right arrow combination not working: I am using windows 11 on asus vivobook s15 s530although RIGHT ctrl/shift + left/right arrow combinations are working as expected when selecting or moving cursor word by word in word 16 or visual studio code. But LEFT CTRL/SHIFT + RIGHT ARROW combination NOT WORKING.I tried...
  4. Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right arrow key still works but doesn't function as a right arrow key: As the title states, my right arrow key works fine, I've tested it using a keyboard tester and it shows up as being used. I can use it with other buttons like holding shift or control and it will use that function fine but just pressing it provides no function like being able...
  5. Top and left arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Top and left arrow key not working: Ive tried rebooting,un-installing the driver,cleaning the llaptop,disabling num or scroll lock but nothing, i don't know how to fix it and it's my mothers laptop, any help please?...
  6. Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly

Ctrl + Left/Right Arrow key not working properly: Ctrl key and left and right arrow keys are not working in windows in whole sysytem, not only in ms office. In order to move from the begining of a word to to end of a word normally by pressing ctrl key first and then pressing right arrow key I have to press ctrl key 1st and...
  7. Right and left arrow keys not working properly

Right and left arrow keys not working properly: Hi there. I am facing a problem with laptop keyboard. Right and left arrow keys are not working properly. Whenever I press them it won't move or move too farther....
  8. Right arrow key not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right arrow key not working: When pressing the right arrow key (even the one in the number pad), it just doesn't work. Nothing happens. It isn't a hardware issue as the key works when pressing it down with Control, shift or function. It also works when entering the BIOS, it even registers as "right" when...
  9. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...
  10. shift key and left right down arrows arent working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    shift key and left right down arrows arent working: a few days ago most of my arrow keys on my windows 10 started not work for anything I tried waiting and other things but nothing worked could anyone help (I couldn't find anything for keyboard on topics so I picked something random)...