Windows 10: Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?

Discus and support Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've googled but can't find any kind of driver/application that lets you choose the left-right balance of specific applications in Windows. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by d4005, Apr 21, 2021.

1. d4005 Win User

Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?

I've googled but can't find any kind of driver/application that lets you choose the left-right balance of specific applications in Windows. For example, I might have two meetings going on and want one app (like Slack for example) to be towards the left more and another (Zoom for example) towards the right. Or maybe one is a meeting and another is a sports event or music and have them biased individually towards one ear.

Does anyone know of such a program? Maybe I'm the only potential customer of such a program.

:)

d4005, Apr 21, 2021

2. Audio balance on per app basis

Hi All

I want to find a way to control audio balance/ phase on a per app basis. Either preferably from Window 10 directly or alternatively via a third party app.

As a person who regularly uses a screen reader software and video conferencing, sottphone communications program simultaneously it would be good to arrive at a solution where I can have audio for different program balanced left or right, an example of what
    I mean would be as follows.

* Right ear has audio from screen reader like Narrator or NVDA (non visual desktop access; Not NVIDA the graphics card manufacturer)

* Left ear has audio from Zoom video conference or audio from a phone call via a softphone on the PC.

Having audio from two separate sources into one ear if using a mono headset or both ear If using a stereo headset can be very challenging when discussing very technical issues and reviewing notes or reading documents simultaneously. This would be made somewhat
    easier if I could separate the audio streams of different programs to go to the left or right channels.

After a great deal of googling and a call to the Microsoft disability answer desk I have as yet to find anything the even comes remotely close giving me this ability. Oddly the volume mixer in Widows Vista allowed for balance adjustment on a per app basis.

During my search I have found an abundance of things the will allow me to control volume on a per app basis but there is no balance control except for total sound output balance ie. all or nothing.

I am hoping that someone here has come across a way of achieving this.

Thanks in advance for any assistance in solving this issue.

grasshopper3742, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Audio Balance in Windows 10

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check-

• Click on Start and then control panel.
    • Open the option of Sound and in the tab of
      playback
      click on the windows displaying speakers. This enables the button properties, click on it.
    • This opens new window as Speakers properties, here click on the tab
      Levels.
    • Now click on the button Balance in front of the speaker volume bar.
    • This will open another small window of Balance. Here you may adjust the balance between the left and right speakers as per requirement.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the results.

Thanks,

Meghmala – Microsoft Support

MikeLambert57, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?

Audio balance on per app basis

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. However, as of now there is no such application in which you can set audio output to channelize to right or left. We would suggest you to provide your suggestion and feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    on the same.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ?

1. Left/Right Balance on a per-app basis ? - Similar Threads - Left Right Balance

2. Left/Right system volume balance problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left/Right system volume balance problem: I connected a new Bluetooth earphone and when I try to increase the left channel audio a little more from the settings, the right slider also moves along with it as if both of them are tied together that's not the case for the built-in-laptop speakers. In the phone, there is...
  3. Left/Right system volume balance problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left/Right system volume balance problem: I connected a new Bluetooth earphone and when I try to increase the left channel audio a little more from the settings, the right slider also moves along with it as if both of them are tied together that's not the case for the built-in-laptop speakers. In the phone, there is...
  4. Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone sounds keep changing the left and right balance randomly: I use a program to play sound on the right ear a little quieter because of a hearing deficiency, but recently last 2 ish weeks my sound balance keeps changing. I dont know if its because either of the sides become quieter or louder or something else completely but Im having...
  5. Set language on a per App basis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Set language on a per App basis: Hello, I am a new Windows 11 user and a multi-language user. It happens very often that I work in MS Word with e.g. Greek and search in the Internet with e.g. English - this example is mostly typical, as the keyboards are completely different. By working like this, I need to...
  6. Set language on a per App basis

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set language on a per App basis: Hello, I am a new Windows 11 user and a multi-language user. It happens very often that I work in MS Word with e.g. Greek and search in the Internet with e.g. English - this example is mostly typical, as the keyboards are completely different. By working like this, I need to...
  7. LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO IS NOT BALANCED

LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO IS NOT BALANCED: I was listening to some videos online then I noticed that my right earphone slowly become quieter. Then it sounded 50% quieter after a few minutes. I checked the balancing and I need to drop it down to 50 to make them balanced. I tried with a different headset and its still...
  8. Bluetooth headphones Left/Right Level Balance in Windows10..

Bluetooth headphones Left/Right Level Balance in Windows10..: hello all there, just joined this forum. i want to adjust my bluetooth headphones level balance slider move individually but when i slide one slider other automatically move with first one (image attached). so is this possible to move slider individually..actually i want that...
  9. Bluetooth headphones Left/Right Level Balance in Windows10..

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth headphones Left/Right Level Balance in Windows10..: hello all there, just joined this forum. i want to adjust my bluetooth headphones level balance slider move individually but when i slide one slider other automatically move with first one (image attached). so is this possible to move slider individually..actually i want that...
  10. Audio balance on per app basis

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio balance on per app basis: Hi All I want to find a way to control audio balance/ phase on a per app basis. Either preferably from Window 10 directly or alternatively via a third party app. As a person who regularly uses a screen reader software and video conferencing, sottphone communications...