Windows 10: Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.

Discus and support Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As an example: I alt-tab from one window to another, while keeping the pointer in the same position. Left/Right clicking does not register until I move... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MitchGuichon, May 9, 2019.

1. Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.

As an example: I alt-tab from one window to another, while keeping the pointer in the same position. Left/Right clicking does not register until I move the cursor in any direction and then clicking again. This is not limited to alt-tabbing into a new window. Similar behavior will happen trying to click a link in Explorer or while browsing Chrome.

Have been going nuts trying to find a solution for this. Have tried toggling all relevant settings in Mouse Properties & Synaptics Control Panel.

All the articles/forum posts online deal with either the pointer freezing, or being unable to click at all. Mine functions normally at all times, just sometimes does not register a response until the pointer is moved.

Running Windows 10 Pro, with most recent updates installed. Issue has been persistent prior to updates though
    HP Elitebook 840 G2
    Drivers for Synaptics SMbus TouchPad are up to date

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you

:)

MitchGuichon, May 9, 2019

2. Up down left right arrows

Hi Laura,.

I suggest you to check if the following steps helps to resolve the issue.

• Right click on the Windows key and Go to control panel.
    • On the upper right corner change the view by to small icon.
    • Click on mouse.
    • Then click on ‘wheel’ tab.
    • Set the values for horizontal and vertical scrolling.

and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 9, 2019
  3. Arnie Est Win User
    Is there a key to delete character ahead of the cursor?

Hello Stephen,

As of the moment, deleting the characters next to the cursor is unavailable. You can only delete characters by moving the cursor to the right side. You can always send a suggestion via Feedback Hub app so that it can be added or included on the next update.

To send a feedback on your phone, you can follow the steps below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details of the feature you want to be added on Windows phone.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need more help, feel free to ask the Community.

Arnie Est, May 9, 2019
  4. Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.

Fix for cursor moving to left?

Hi,

There could be a more updated version of the driver available on the manufacturer’s website. We suggest visiting their website if these steps below have similar results with what you had:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click the name of the device with an issue.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and Windows will attempt to reinstall the latest driver.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have other queries.

Arthur Rui, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click.

1. Left/right-click does not register until I move the cursor and try another click. - Similar Threads - Left right click

2. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Gaming
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  3. holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    holding right click and move thinks im holding left click and move: so im using a windows 11 home laptop with a trackpad, and in most games, when you hold right click and move the camera moves freely. but my trackpad dosent do that and it thinks im holding left click and not right click. i need help because this makes it very hard to use...
  4. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  5. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks: I have windows 10 and have been using my ZOWIE EC1-A for about 5-6 years with out a single problem the mouse works fine on my other computer. I was using my desktop business as usual nothing new installed for the past 2 weeks doing the same things. And randomly today my left...
  6. Windows registers random left clicks as right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.

I can't move my cursor, but I can left click and right click.: Hello! I got a Glorious Model O from PCGamingRace about 2-3 weeks ago, and everything worked fine until today. I was playing and suddenly, my mouse disconnected, the RGB lights went off, and I heard the Windows sound that plays when you unplug a USB device from your...
  8. Left click randomly not registering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Left click randomly not registering: I seem to remember having this problem before and something random solved it. I can right click completely normally and ive checked my mouse and there is nothing wrong with it. I have also tried multiple fixes such as reinstalling the mouse and USB connection drivers. Nothing...
  9. Left click not registering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click not registering: I have an asus Q550LF running windows 10. This problem just started 2 days after i did a clean boot from usb. The problem is NOT my mouse the problem happens with the left click on my mouse, the left click on the pad on my laptop, and the single click on the pad on my...
  10. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...