Windows 10: Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Discus and support Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Junkman, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Junkman Win User

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window, annoyingly. And the start menu. It works OK for maybe a minute after login then starts acting up.

So far I've disabled the windows key, and installed an autokey script that is supposed to disable trackpad gestures. Still the same issue though.

Here's a video of it happening (those are all left clicks, I know I click quite rapidly at points but it's each single click doing the flash-up-and-disappear thing, happens when I go much slower too)

https://www.youtube.com/KPTxMG_x2Qo

Any suggestions or help much appreciated, thanks!

:)

Junkman, Sep 15, 2017

2. Trackpad and mouse issue in Windows 10

Original title: Trackpad and mouse

I have a problem with my laptop (Windows 10) that whenever i set the primary button to left for the trackpad in Settings, my USB wireless mouse sets it primary button to right click. My laptop is a 2740p HP Elitebook. If you have any tips to fix this issue
    please post.

AsianGamer, Sep 15, 2017
  3. lordyoyo Win User
    Touchpad and trackpad buttons inverted

A couple of days ago my touchpad and trackpad left and right buttons switched themselves up. When I left click, it registers it as a right click, and vice versa. I'd like to fix this somehow.

-swapping the buttons from the mouse settings is NOT a solution, since that screws up any mouse I connect.

lordyoyo, Sep 15, 2017
  4. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Hi Junkman. Welcome to the TenForums @Junkman

Windows has a setting to disable trackpad when mouse detected, this might help rather than more third party software. Type mouse in Cortana and enter settings. Sometimes it is at bottom of righthand side and sometime you have to select Additional Settings, upper right corner to find

I would check to see what drivers are installed for touchpad and mouse. Some mice work better with their manufacture's drivers installed.

I would also confirm the right touchpad manufacture has been identified. While not a regular occurrence if Windows detects the wrong make the wrong driver will be loaded.

When did this start or has it always been like this? Have you tried removing all touchpad drivers, be sure to click on Show hidden devices, menu at top of device manager.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 17, 2017
Thema:

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

1. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad) - Similar Threads - Left right click

2. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  3. Trackpad right-click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trackpad right-click not working: The Trackpad right click does not work when I am in games and when i press the right side of my trackpad it presses the left click. However when I am not in a game and press the left or right click it works perfectly. I have the same issue in multiple different games Any help...
  4. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  5. Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to right-clicking with trackpad: Hi --Just recently switched to a Windows laptop after having spent decades with Macintosh. I am used to using the control key in combination with clicking the track pad to do a right-click. Is there a way to set this same combination up in Windows 11?I've tried setting the...
  6. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  7. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...: Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying....
  8. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  9. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  10. Left click mouse problem

Left click mouse problem: I'm having trouble with my mouse, it's a Mars Gaming MM5. The left click goes backwards no matter what function I give it. I tried switching the click to another button and doesn't give me that problem, instead the left button keeps doing it. Also tried to repair the local...