Windows 10: Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day.

Discus and support Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, Recently I have wired to screens up as dual screens, they were working fine at day 1 but after the left screen (main monitor) has started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jason45PC, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Jason45PC Win User

Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day.

Hello all,

Recently I have wired to screens up as dual screens, they were working fine at day 1 but after the left screen (main monitor) has started turning itself off completely.
    As soon as I boot, the screen goes black and I am greeted with the screen startup logo, then "no signal detected" Windows will only pick up the one screen (right monitor) until I restart the screen from the plug. My main monitor is connected via HDMI from the GPU into the screen, and the other DVI to HDMI adapter, again from the GPU, The weird thing is no matter what I try, it will always be the left screen, I have tried:

Swapping the screen over with another
    Changing plug sockets,
    System Refresh
    Swapping screen power supplies
    installing drivers
    swapping HDMI cables

I can only assume it's something to do with Windows, but what is it?

Any help would be much appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Jason

:)

Jason45PC, Jan 26, 2016

2. Nokia 920 Screen Won't Turn Off

Hi,

My Nokia 920 (bought on 6th Jan 2013) has a problem where the screen won't turn off after using it. It can be after a call or going on the marketplace or anything. Normally you press the power button and it goes black but occasionally - once every 3-4 days
    - pressing the power button does nothing. If left, the screen will dim but won't turn off. I have it set up so after 30 seconds it should lock but nothing happens. The only solution is to turn it off and turn it back on again which is rather annoying.

Anyone else having this problem? Considering returning it as if it is doing this after 2 weeks, as I am on a 2 year contract, this could get very annoying.

Thanks,

Phil

slayerules---01, Jan 26, 2016
  3. webcast switches off after 5-10 Minutes

The test:

First I determined that left alone, the webcast turns off after 11 mins.

Next, set a timer for 6 mins. The screen of course blanks after less than a minute. After 6 minutes, I woke the phone up, then left it alone again for another 6 minutes. In all I did this 3 times for a total of 18 mins.

Result:

No unexpected turning off.

RTischer8277, Jan 26, 2016
  4. Jason45PC Win User

Swapping the other end of the PSU of the monitors did nothing at all.

Jason45PC, Jan 30, 2016
  5. Jason45PC Win User
    driver updates did nothing either.

Jason45PC, Jan 31, 2016
  6. Jason45PC Win User
    Bump

Windows seems to make the "connection" sound when it turns off, also, scanning for hardware changes also switches the monitor back on.

Jason45PC, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Left screen turns off 2 mins after boot once every day. - Similar Threads - Left screen turns

2. Help with minidump file, random crashes once every day or 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with minidump file, random crashes once every day or 2: Hello, I have been experiencing some crashes recently and thought it was maybe my video driver but I used DDU to wipe my pc and reinstalled and I am still having these issues.******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck...
  3. Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random blue screen 2 mins after booting Windows 11: I get a random blue screen a minute or two after booting every single time. They vary all the time but the last two were PFNLISTCORRUPT and CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. When I restart after the first blue screen it works fine until I turn it off. I don't know what the cause is....
  4. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  5. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  6. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. BSoD once at least every day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD once at least every day: My PC blue screens randomy at least once a day, i checked the eroor in computer managment and its all the same. The BSoD error messages vary from IRQL_not_LESS_OR_EQUAL to System service exception to apc index mismatch. I have tested the memory with memtest and the windows...
  9. Internet connection turns off every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...
  10. Display is turning off once a day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Display is turning off once a day: Hi! I have a computer with the following configuration: i5 4460, ASRock B85M-DGS, 8Gb ram HyperX, Sapphire Radeon R7 265 Dual-X (with latest video drivers 15.7.1), SSD Kingston v300 120GB, windows 10 with latest updates and my display is LED Samsung LT22D390 22 inch. Every...