Windows 10: Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

Discus and support Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My left shift used to be the key that I used for typing in capitals, however, after cleaning my keyboard with my computer on, oops, now my right shift... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ElijahYS, Apr 12, 2021.

1. ElijahYS Win User

Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

My left shift used to be the key that I used for typing in capitals, however, after cleaning my keyboard with my computer on, oops, now my right shift is the only one that can be used to type capitals, does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?

:)

ElijahYS, Apr 12, 2021

2. Switch keyboard layout with right Shift and left Shift

I see only LAlt-Shift, Grave Accent and Ctrl-Shift. The list of options is very limited.

I reckon I will have to use Ctrl-Shift and use right-hand side keys...

Xentrax [Vyacheslav Lanovets], Apr 12, 2021
  3. Jakob Win User
    Windows + Shift + right doesn't shift window to the right screen (shifting to the left works fine)

When I use Windows Key + Shift + left the active window jumps to the monitor on the left like expected Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up :)
    But when I try to do it the other way around: Windows Key + Shift + right the window doesn't jump back to the right Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up :( Nothing happens. Why? How can I fix this?

PS: I am using Windows 10 Version 1903 (64 bit) on my ThinkPad with two additional external monitors.
    Windows Key + right moves the window correctly to the right (step by step but not directly to the next monitor).
    Maybe the Windows Key + Shift + right was overwritten by something else? How can I find out?

Jakob, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

My Left-Shift button assigned multiple functions

Hi,

I installed Counter Strike Global Offensive recently and no matter what solution I tried as suggested by Steam support, my Left-Shift key would open the chat function (without it being bound to it) and outside of the game the Left-Shift key worked as intended.

I ended up giving up on Counter Strike as I thought it was a game issue - an issue I have never had with that game until recently and I have been using this PC and keyboard for more than 8 years without this issue.

I now installed Black Desert Online and guess what...? It two has a default bind for Left-Shift (sprint and a combo button) and while it activates sprint and the combo, it ALSO activates another popup function that causes an information screen about my character
    to pop up making the combo and sprinting impossible to use (as it interrupts critical combat).

So, now I'm thinking it's a windows 10 issue... - please, is there a way to troubleshoot this mysterious additional function when in games from the Left-Shift button?

Sam

SamuelAchenbach, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up

1. Left shift and right shift functions are mixed up - Similar Threads - Left shift right

2. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  3. Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift + A is not working with both left and right shift.: The left and right shift key works with all other letters and numbers besides A. I can use caps lock to get uppercase A. But, I would prefer to use my shift key on A rather than caps lock. I have tried using another keyboard but still have the same issue. I have updated...
  4. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  5. Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wins + Left Shift + Arrow Right is not working: It's weird, problem only with left Shift and Right arrow. but Wins + Right Shift + Arrow is working well... i using new laptop Lenovo Thinkpad. Does anyone know why this is caused, and how to fix it?...
  6. Left shift creating asterisk character, right shift creating comma?

in Windows 10 Support
    Left shift creating asterisk character, right shift creating comma?: Hi everybody, I'm really stuck on this one. I have a lady who asked me to take a look at her laptop, which is an Asus Viviobook X540U. It's working perfectly, but since last night, if you press the left shift key you get an asterix character and if you press the right shift...
  7. left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    left shift not working: hey! my left shift is not working. I've tried to update drivers, turned sticky keys on and off, and reset my computer. Odd thing is when i reset it ly left shift works for around 1 minute then stops working. I need help! thanks!...
  8. Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display shifted to right and right part is on left side. "X" is not on left: Display of windows all of a sudden shift to right and right side part screen is visible on the left side. Things get normal after a restart. I am using recommended display setting . Two photos on different dates. [ATTACH] [IMG] please help with the solution!...
  9. DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISPLAY SHIFTS TO THE LEFT: Whenever I restart the computer the display is shifted to the left, I can see it starting during the restart, the Dell logo is off center, to the left. I have to go into settings when it's back up then change the display resolution and then click revert to have where I want...
  10. Left shift not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left shift not working: So I was deleting some applications I no longer use to free up space on my laptop. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but not long after, I discovered that my left shift key isn't doing anything. I know there's one on the right, but I never use it (I did in this...