Windows 10: Left Shift + C Key Not Working

Discus and support Left Shift + C Key Not Working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shaiyad, May 5, 2020.

1. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

Hi and thank you for reading. My Left Shift + C key is not working. When I hold Shift + C key, it's suppose to type 'CCCCC' but it doesn't. I have to press Shift + C key multiple times for the above text to appear. All other letter keys work with the Left Shift key, but for some reason only 'C' does not. Also, oddly enough, Right Shift + C works.

I have updated my laptop hoping it would solve the problem, but my posting here means it didn't. Any help is greatly appeciated, thank you!

submitted by /u/Shaiyad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shaiyad, May 5, 2020

2. Shift + E and Shift + C is not working

I found the problem that Left Shift + E and Shift + C is not working on my laptop . I am using Windows 10 and the problem I'm facing is only with Windows 10 .

My Right Shift E is working well , nothing is wrong with Other keys like only E or Shift + Another Key .

But no solution found for Left Shift + E and Shift + C . Thus I am badly using CAPS Lock .

Why the problem is going on?

And what is the solution?

Jafran Hasan, May 5, 2020
  3. Shift + C key is not typing C in upper case

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to use Shift + C key, to type C letter in upper case.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• Does this issue occurs on using both the shift keys?
    • Did you check if this issue occurs using and external keyboard? To eliminate hardware issue.
    • Are you aware of any changed on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

1. Press Windows + I to launch Windows
      Settings
    2. Click on Updates & Security and select
      Troubleshooter from the left pane
    3. Select Keyboard and click on
      Run the troubleshooter

4. Follow the onscreen instruction and later restart the PC to check

Also, you may try running the keyboard diagnostics tool from Dell website for the model you are using:
    Custom Component Test (go to Custom Component Test and choose
    "Select individual components" and choose Keyboard to run the diagnostics)

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 5, 2020
  4. Left Shift + C Key Not Working

Left CTRL key only works together with the left SHIFT key

Hello,

Starting from today while I was using FL Studio to copy some musical notes I noticed Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V weren't working

I've opened the on-screen keyboard in order to check if the left CTRL key was working and pressing it alone doesn't show any input.

But. when I tried to first press the left SHIFT key holding it and then pressing the left CTRL key together. both keys showed input. (right CTRL key works fine)

Is there anything I can do to fix this issue?

I've already tried to uninstall the keyboard's driver and then restarting the PC but it didn't work.

Best regards,

Me

Cosmin Lucian Iacob, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Left Shift + C Key Not Working

1. Left Shift + C Key Not Working - Similar Threads - Left Shift Key

2. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  3. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  4. Left shift key not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  5. Left shift key not working properly

Left shift key not working properly: I run Windows 11 dual booted with Ubuntu 20.04. Recently after switching back to windows I noticed that the left shift key only capitalizes a couple letters then stopped. It works fine in safe mode and I haven’t installed anything other than an update for Windows lately. Any...
  6. Shift+c key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift+c key not working: Hi Team,My only left side shift+c key not working , if i type shift +c from right side it is working fine. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftc-key-not-working/d50996be-b649-4cff-92a6-c5661d82bfa1
  7. Shift+c key not working

Shift+c key not working: Hi Team,My only left side shift+c key not working , if i type shift +c from right side it is working fine. Please suggest https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shiftc-key-not-working/d50996be-b649-4cff-92a6-c5661d82bfa1
  8. my left shift key is not working in laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my left shift key is not working in laptop: my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift is working. Only the left shift key is not working the right shift is working properly...
  9. my left shift key is not working in laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my left shift key is not working in laptop: my left shift key is not working in my hp laptop and I tried all the methods that the internet says but when I'm using an external keyboard the shift is working. Only the left shift key is not working the right shift is working properly...
  10. my left shift key is not working in laptop

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift c not working

2. windows 10 20h2 shift c & d not working